• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 C Blaise Keita, 6'10", 235 lbs, JUCO (Coffeyville) is "N"

Sam McKewon OWH article (with a lot of good information) :nod:

From the article:

Last year, Keita was too old to play high school basketball, so he had an in-residence year at Sunrise, which did a “great job” of developing his talent, Campbell said.

Also mentions that this year doesn't count for eligibility because of COVID-19. So that explains where his clock is at. I suppose he could redshirt next year and get to Nebraska with 4 years to play 4.

Going the JUCO route, I understand he must graduate from there before he is eligible to play here, meaning the earliest he could get on campus is 2022. With the Covid exception, I'm guessing he may have 4 years to play 3.

No. 10 Coffeyville (Kan.) C.C. defeated No. 6 Chipola (Fla.) College: 66 - 63.

Keita more than held his own vs. high-major size​

• More often than not, 2022 Nebraska commit Blaise Keita is the biggest player on the floor, and usually by a fairly large margin.
  • (But,) When the 6-foot-10, 235-pound Keita took center court for the opening tip, he was standing across from 7-3, 248, Chipola center Naheem McLeod.
  • For Keita, it was an excellent opportunity to get a taste of what life will eventually be like going up against that type of size on most nights in the Big Ten Conference.
  • He handled the challenge by posting a double-double with 11 points (on 5-of-6 shooting) and 11 rebounds, along with three steals, a block, and an assist in 30 minutes of action.

Why do I not see our being able to keep Keita as a commit? He’s got some talent, and I’m sure his performance the last couple of weeks will draw attention from some blue bloods. No info, just speculation.

You aren't the only one getting nervous. Several others won't be comfortable until he actually signs his LOI. It's too bad he isn't eligible for 2021/22.

I don't usually do this but here is a comment I saw elsewhere: :Redface:

Here's his twitter account if anyone wants to pass on some personal congratulatory words to him. That performance in the title game deserves some praise, for sure. https://twitter.com/Blaisekeita15/with_replies

Last edited:

My favorite part of this highlight isn’t all the dunks, though it is nice to see those strong finishes after Yvan’s struggles. I like the really nice jump hooks, and his keeping his pivot and a good base. He is going to be a player, hopefully for us, but I’m still nervous of our ability to keep him. Everyone talks about his being raw, but he’s got strong fundamentals in parts of his game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back