• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

2022 Alternates: Tribute to 1983 Scoring Explosion

The Impaler

Cake or Death?
15 Year Member
My annual review isn't so much a review (shocker: the aging traditionalist likes a look that calls back to his childhood).

Rather, I chose to focus on some of the bigger questions:

• Why now?
  • Did Adidas give us their best effort?
  • Why can't we find a middle ground between crazy superhero costume and throwback that looks like what we normally wear?
  • And why these uniforms make me feel sorry for Scott Frost
https://www.si.com/college/nebraska...eviewing-nebraskas-alternate-uniform-for-2022
I agree with the part where you say there is room for middle ground, absolutely there is. But I think the rest is a bit off. Trev is on record as saying Nebraska needs to get back to being a bit boring in regards to the field and alternate uni's. He indicated he talked to Adidas about this. I think that's a lot where this is stemming from. Personally, I'd love these as full time and you can do something else for the alternates once per year, while keeping it less than crazy.

Bigger Ed

XL Cranial Shield w/ Auxiliary Vision Enhancement
5 Year Member
My favorite alt uni is one that doesn't look like an alt uni.

Dave Feit

Recruit
10 Year Member
I agree with the part where you say there is room for middle ground, absolutely there is. But I think the rest is a bit off. Trev is on record as saying Nebraska needs to get back to being a bit boring in regards to the field and alternate uni's. He indicated he talked to Adidas about this. I think that's a lot where this is stemming from. Personally, I'd love these as full time and you can do something else for the alternates once per year, while keeping it less than crazy.
It's quite possible that I missed something, but I thought Trev's comments were about a goal is to standardize the brand across sports (limiting the amount of fonts, shades of red, logos, etc.) to create a cohesive, unified look.

While I personally disagree with that philosophy (I find it boring, limiting, and harder to execute than it appears on paper), I'm not sure it that would also apply to the one-off alts.

But like I said, I may have missed where Trev addressed alternate uniforms.

RedStones

If you aren't on the right, you're wrong.
10 Year Member
Slightly off topic but when I see the pictures I cannot fathom not having knee pads. Knees take a beating.

Last edited:

The Impaler

Cake or Death?
15 Year Member
It's quite possible that I missed something, but I thought Trev's comments were about a goal is to standardize the brand across sports (limiting the amount of fonts, shades of red, logos, etc.) to create a cohesive, unified look.

While I personally disagree with that philosophy (I find it boring, limiting, and harder to execute than it appears on paper), I'm not sure it that would also apply to the one-off alts.

But like I said, I may have missed where Trev addressed alternate uniforms.
I'm piecing together, the boring was in response to the field being one tone of green, but you could tell in his comments it was an overall theme with him. Regarding the alt's, he was talking about the basketball uni's and wanting to get standardized across all sports. SO put the two together I am thinking is fair.

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site

GET TICKETS

Save 10 percent or more on gas.