• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022-23 NFL Season Discussion Thread

I don't have an extensive preview to offer, but I'll say this: I'd take the Commanders at home versus a Giants team that has hit the skids.

Primary reason why the NYG hopes have faded? Saquon Barkley.

Barkley looks done. Over the last four games (Giants are 0-3-1), he's rushed 53 times for 152 yards combined. That's 2.9 YPC. The Giants success hinges largely on a healthy, productive Saquon Barkley -- and he looked good the first half of the season when New York was winning. Unfortunately for Giants fans (I have no love for Giants fans lol), Barkley is very infrequently healthy and productive anymore. If he's not eating up yards and the clock, it exposes Daniel Jones as a very mediocre QB and the defense is on the field too much. Take Washington.
see,i have been wondering what the deal is with barkley. i thought he was going to be the next "great" back. is it injuries, can he not stay healthy, or the team around him? not sure. he reminds me of mcaffrey, the best back in the nfl if he stayed healthy, but again, being available is is important right? i totally agree with you on daniel jones. that dude is garbage. hopefully, we can beat them sunday night.

i like heinicke, but damn he makes me nervous. seems so limited with those weapons we have at wr. guess we will see. need you to hold your nose and pull for us lol. by the way, who is your team?

see,i have been wondering what the deal is with barkley. i thought he was going to be the next "great" back. is it injuries, can he not stay healthy, or the team around him? not sure. he reminds me of mcaffrey, the best back in the nfl if he stayed healthy, but again, being available is is important right? i totally agree with you on daniel jones. that dude is garbage. hopefully, we can beat them sunday night.

i like heinicke, but damn he makes me nervous. seems so limited with those weapons we have at wr. guess we will see. need you to hold your nose and pull for us lol. by the way, who is your team?

I was hoping I'd made it clear I'm an Eagles fan. :Biggrin:

I lived in Philly for 12 years (2000-2012). I love all Philadelphia sports teams. :Banana:

Randy Gregory highlights the meltdown in Denver.

From slamming his helmet to throwing a punch, linebacker Randy Gregory was the Grinch that stole the last pretense of respectability from an NFL franchise that has become an embarrassment to Broncos Country under the watch of coach Nathaniel Hackett.

“Y’all want to know if I hit him in the mouth, I did,” Gregory said on a sad Christmas for a bad football team as he bolted from the locker room after a 51-14 loss to the Rams.

Last edited:

Washington beating Dallas today was a thing of beauty.

Sam Howell is a lot of fun to watch. I remember watching some of his games/highlights at UNC -- he can do a lot of things. And a big LOL for the Dallas offense today.

What season is it now? Dallas bellyflopping in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Go Vikes!

Disclaimer: Lifelong Vikings fan....but not a Cousins fan.. I gotta tell ya, it is very difficult to root for my team to win and at the same time root for them to give up 10 vicious bone-crushing sacks.

Grew up a Vikes fan, but have lived in Dallas area for 24 years now.

Dallas is not exactly peaking at the right time here. Nothing new. Dak is a good dude so I pull for him and the Boys.

I would love to see the Vikings finally win one, but I don't see it happening.

Dallas has way more talent than Minnesota but McCarthy is a terrible game manager. I would not be even mildly surprised if Brady beats them next week.

I think the 49ers and the Bills get to the Super Bowl.

Grew up a Vikes fan, but have lived in Dallas area for 24 years now.

Dallas is not exactly peaking at the right time here. Nothing new. Dak is a good dude so I pull for him and the Boys.

I would love to see the Vikings finally win one, but I don't see it happening.

Dallas has way more talent than Minnesota but McCarthy is a terrible game manager. I would not be even mildly surprised if Brady beats them next week.

I think the 49ers and the Bills get to the Super Bowl.

I like that prediction. If that happens, who do you think would win?

eject.... how this man keeps getting HC gigs is astonishing.

Although he shouldn't have been fired after one season.

Literally everyone had Houston pegged as one of the worst teams in the NFL before the season even started. They don't have nearly enough talent -- especially on the offensive side -- to compete.

That's four head coaches for the Houston Texans over the past three seasons: Bill O'Brien then Romeo Crenel in 2020, David Culley in 2021, and Lovie in 2022. All 3-to-4-win seasons. Keep giving coaches a year tops to produce, and they're bound to fail.

Last edited:

Although he shouldn't have been fired after one season.

Literally everyone had Houston pegged as one of the worst teams in the NFL before the season even started. They don't have nearly enough talent -- especially on the offensive side -- to compete.

That's four head coaches for the Houston Texans over the past three seasons: Bill O'Brien then Romeo Crenel in 2020, David Culley in 2021, and Lovie in 2022. All 3-to-4-win seasons. Keep giving coaches a year tops to produce, and they're bound to fail.
its his third go at it, failed the first 2 times. no reason to think hes gonna suddenly become someone hes not. i really think they just didnt have anyone else to put in there so they gave it to him.

FB_IMG_1673466320045.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back