• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TE Thomas Fidone Announcement On 26 August Update: Named USA Today All America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa City's population is much too small to supply an adequate acute patient base for a medical school. They have to " truck in" patients. Rochester has similar problems. Omaha's metro area is approximately 1 million----much larger patient group teaching resource. Des Moines would have been a better location for Iowa's medical school facility.

Yes, but Iowa City is in proximity to "The triangle". Which is the area between Keokuk, Ottumwa and Davenport. A special area of Iowa that needs all the healthcare access it can get. (I learned of this from area from peds residents in Iowa City, and are quite versed in the varied learning that "the triangle" provides.)

No idea what this means but seems good

tenor_9969911_mediumgif_600189690744220.gif

not emotionally strong enough to endure any more Joe Burrow-esque childhood favorite DONU photos while winning heisman trophy's & playing for other CFB teams :O O::Cry::Biggrin:

seriously, we need ya TFII :Nsmilie:
GBR!

Yes, but Iowa City is in proximity to "The triangle". Which is the area between Keokuk, Ottumwa and Davenport. A special area of Iowa that needs all the healthcare access it can get. (I learned of this from area from peds residents in Iowa City, and are quite versed in the varied learning that "the triangle" provides.)
I have often heard of the "3D" triangle, between Des Moines, Davenport and Dubuque. This area includes most of the population of the state and is U of I patient population. We in the Sioux a City metro area resent this. But Nebraska and South Dakota don't want us either.LOL

Last edited:

I have often heard of the "3D" triangle, between Des Moines, Davenport and Dubuque. This area includes most of the population of the state and is U of I patient population. We in the Sioux a City metro area resent this. But Nebraska and South Dakota don't want us either.LOL
Same down here in CB.

I SPENT 10 YEARS IN IOWA FOR A ONE YEAR CAREER STINT--A FRIEND OF MINE GAVE ME A, "GOING AWAY PRESENT/BUMPER STICKER WHICH READ, "HAPPINESS IS IOWA IN MY REAR VIEW MIRROR," AS I WAS DRIVING FROM IOWA BACK TO NEBRASKA!
Beware here comes the "Oh but Iowa is great" posts.

I used to work in Iowa and live in Nebraska. Every day I went to work I raised the average IQ in both states. Of course I also lowered the average when I came back home.
yep just referring to the time I made an off hand comment that NJ kids do not grow up dreaming of going to Rutgers. Which was followed by 10,000 posts about how great the fishing is in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back