• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Tailgate Fish Fry

Well, if it helps...this year will be crappie and walleye. Though there isn't much difference between the two IMO. I eat both on a regular basis, when cut right nobody has a clue if it is one or the other.
Hope the walleye filets are bigger

Last edited:

Northern pike from Lake of the Woods, and most lakes north of Park Rapids Minnesota taste on par with walleye! Must know how to 'y ' bone northern as this an art by it

I agree, but I didn't want to push the envelope too much. My experience is that people who say that they hate drum and pike a) often haven't actually eaten them, b) actually hate that they're more slimy, and c) complain about the y-bones in pike and/or the rib bones in drum (and white bass) being harder to cut when making fillets. Nobody complains when the prepared boneless fillet is cooked and sitting in front of them.

I prefer shorthorn. Being properly fed and well taken care of. T-Bones steaks that don't require a steak knife. Or any knife.
Yep, shorthorn was what my dad grew up raising and was the breed of choice for my grandfather and great-grandfather.

Angus have buffaloed the market to believe that only black or black baldies is the preferred beef. Once you take the hide, it's all red meat!

Yep, shorthorn was what my dad grew up raising and was the breed of choice for my grandfather and great-grandfather.

Angus have buffaloed the market to believe that only black or black baldies is the preferred beef. Once you take the hide, it's all red meat!
To emphasize the bolded point you make, I knew someone who worked for a fast food chain that advertised "100% Angus Beef" in their hamburgers. This person said if they could find one black hair on the animal, it was considered angus!

FB_IMG_1503768021663.jpg

I'M READY FOR A TAILGATE!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back