• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Spring Game Official Thread

One of the few negatives I got out of today's "game" was that every QB, EXCEPT AM, can not complete a pass if pushed outside the pocket. Haarberg throws into the ground and Smothers throws out of bounds. Yes, there were maybe a few passes that may have been completed by the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string QB's scrambling but they were very few and in between. I will say, though, QB speed by all QB's is impressive and all of them (especially Smothers, IMO) would of had a ton of yards if not for the "I reached out and got a finger on you shirt as you ran away from me tackle" thing.
The QB's can burn. That is part of the offense, the QB run. I thought some of Haarbergs tosses to the ground were actually good passes while on the run and trying to hit a covered Wideout by throwing low, instead of forcing a pass. Felt the same way about the yards that were left because of the touch rule.

Making any season prediction based on a Spring scrimmage is completely, totally ridiculous imo. Coaches are looking at many different aspects that most fans (myself included) have no clue about. Just was a lot of fun watching and also seeing our fans back in the stands.
Yeah I agree! I’ve never put much stock in spring games. I do think Manning, Toure, and Martin look like legitimate BIG wide receivers. I was really impressed with Yant and the Polar Bear. I think in spring you can look at how the bodies have changed from winter conditioning. I really think our team looks stronger and leaned down. I have thought our offensive linemen where fat since Pelini. They are looking leaner to me.

Nebraska sucks! Nebraska is great!

You might say they're...

"good n terrible?"

:thumbsup:

sPwgpLj.gif

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back