• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Rylee Gray from Omaha commits

Welcome Rylee. I look forward to following the remainder of your high school athletic career over the next three years.

That's a helluva get. Kind of crazy to think a volleyball program like Nebraska who has won constant national titles and conference titles had to wait for the commitment of a local five star talent. Kind of puts in perspective why that is happening for Nebraska football.

That's a helluva get. Kind of crazy to think a volleyball program like Nebraska who has won constant national titles and conference titles had to wait for the commitment of a local five star talent. Kind of puts in perspective why that is happening for Nebraska football.

I think it is understandable when you consider she is picking between 2 of the top 3 volleyball programs in the entire country. It isn’t a given a volleyball athlete from the Midwest will pick Nebraska over the volleyball/academics at Stanford. It has to be inticing to go to Stanford due to their superb academic reputation...even for a prep volleyball player in Nebraska.

I think the biggest news is that John Cook plans on coaching in 2024!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I think it is understandable when you consider she is picking between 2 of the top 3 volleyball programs in the entire country. It isn’t a given a volleyball athlete from the Midwest will pick Nebraska over the volleyball/academics at Stanford. It has to be inticing to go to Stanford due to their superb academic reputation...even for a prep volleyball player in Nebraska.

I think the biggest news is that John Cook plans on coaching in 2024!!! :thumbsup:
And she is not even a junior yet so its not like she waited to the last minute. The rich get richer. Its nice to be wealthy in volleyball.

I just hope we can get back to that status in football again.

My reference was more that people think Nebraska high school kids don't just take the Nebraska offer anymore because we aren't as good as they were back in the day for football. That's not the case. Evidenced by a girl 45 miles from campus not just taking the offer right away.

Agree about the John Cook news, didn't know he was that old. Crazy to think that this girl waiting until the summer before her sophomore year is a "late commit" for volleyball. Nebraska is currently touted as the #1 class for 2021 with four commits. Crazy.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back