• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 pg Chucky Hepburn Bellevue West offered > Wisc

Thunder's Call'n

Recruit
2 Year Member

kid can score from Bellevue west. Rising Sophomore, need to get kids like this if we are taking this thing to the next level.

I’m definitely good with this offer, kid is a no-doubter in terms of Power 5 talent. Nebraska will have an uphill battle, there will be many suitors and he has said before he likes Creighton a lot. So much can happen between know and then though. Talent map, offer, and then spend the next two years recruiting. He’s not make or break by any means, but you definitely want him.

Jasen Green...I’m curious to see his talent and development arc. He could be the best this state has seen in a while. Could be.

How tall do we think Miles is? Looks like this kid is currently about as tall as Miles. If we can get him to grow another 8"... lol.

Excited we're in on a talent early, but a little worried that the last time UNL did this it ended badly.

Last edited:
How tall do we think Miles is? Looks like this kid is currently about as tall as Miles. If we can get him to grow another 8"... lol.

Excited we're in on a talent early, but a little worried that the last time UNL did this it ended badly.

I’m guessing Miles is 6’0” or 6’1”. Arop never had a position, he was always going to be a tweener. Hepburn will be a guard. I guess that’s where I see the difference. You’re right though, we shot ourselves in the foot last time we offered a high school freshman/sophomore.

Pay article...but the staff has reached out to Hepburn and he is okay with the amount of time it took for them to do so.

Jacob Padilla who covers NE HS bball and posts often in the CU board doesn't think he's a "no brainer" just yet. Of course he is still young so there's that. I thunk he said NU is the only offer chuckie has so far.

Hunter Sallis appears to be more of a priority for cu than chuckie. Take it fwiw... I dont follow HS bball at all

Jacob Padilla who covers NE HS bball and posts often in the CU board doesn't think he's a "no brainer" just yet. Of course he is still young so there's that. I thunk he said NU is the only offer chuckie has so far.

Hunter Sallis appears to be more of a priority for cu than chuckie. Take it fwiw... I dont follow HS bball at all

Yeah, I don’t think his shot is progressing like people had hoped. I could live with it a little if he was playing hero-ball for for a bad-to-average Class A team. He’s taking good shots though, in a good system, with good people around him. In Miles’ offense, I think his game translates and he’s a no-doubt offer. In Hoiberg’s, system, I would think a point guard would still need to hit at a 35%+ clip from beyond the arc. That’s what FH had at Iowa State. So I’m guessing Hepburn needs to show that he has the potential to do that to draw an offer from Nebraska now.

Hepburn is a sure-fire D1 player though. He has everything else you would ever want in a PG. no doubt he’s going to play at a good school. If he starts hitting at a better clip from downtown in AAU and his junior year, it’s going to be a dog fight.

Yeah, I don’t think his shot is progressing like people had hoped. I could live with it a little if he was playing hero-ball for for a bad-to-average Class A team. He’s taking good shots though, in a good system, with good people around him. In Miles’ offense, I think his game translates and he’s a no-doubt offer. In Hoiberg’s, system, I would think a point guard would still need to hit at a 35%+ clip from beyond the arc. That’s what FH had at Iowa State. So I’m guessing Hepburn needs to show that he has the potential to do that to draw an offer from Nebraska now.

Hepburn is a sure-fire D1 player though. He has everything else you would ever want in a PG. no doubt he’s going to play at a good school. If he starts hitting at a better clip from downtown in AAU and his junior year, it’s going to be a dog fight.
Any opinion on Sallis? Seen him play?

Any opinion on Sallis? Seen him play?

Yeah, twice. I came away impressed once, meh the second time. He’s so young and people need to keep that in mind. Definitely a high ceiling and a good stroke though. I would like to know if he’s just naturally skinny like a Tayshaun Prince or will fill out after 18. There are a lot of people high in Homs though, people who know a lot more about scouting than I do though. Definitely worth offering though.

(Has offers from Wisconsin & Minnesota)

Apparently going to Wisconsin on an OV along with Mors. (Previously visited Wiscy on an unofficial)

But this is what Donovan thinks:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back