• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 New Offers Going Out

His offers have blown up since we gave him that first one. Hopefully that pays off and once he sees the school, facilities etc. I think having a fellow CA quarterback in Martinez is huge too. Hopefully he is his host on campus. Mom coming on their own dime speaks volumes too

His offers have blown up since we gave him that first one. Hopefully that pays off and once he sees the school, facilities etc. I think having a fellow CA quarterback in Martinez is huge too. Hopefully he is his host on campus. Mom coming on their own dime speaks volumes too
Couple things on this. Speaking in generalities. Having lived in SoCal the people in OC think of people from Fresno about like people from Omaha think of folks from Ogallala. So not sure that would tip the scales. First offer is a big deal. Hopefully Mom or Dad come with as I think OC parents would like Lincoln. All that being said OC kids usually have their eye on USC so if they offer could be a tough pull.

Couple things on this. Speaking in generalities. Having lived in SoCal the people in OC think of people from Fresno about like people from Omaha think of folks from Ogallala. So not sure that would tip the scales. First offer is a big deal. Hopefully Mom or Dad come with as I think OC parents would like Lincoln. All that being said OC kids usually have their eye on USC so if they offer could be a tough pull.

I grew up in Southern California and your right stereotypical generalities and I will leave it that. If you think Martinez with the success he has had at NE would not matter because he is from Fresno then there is no point in further discussion.

I grew up in Southern California and your right stereotypical generalities and I will leave it that. If you think Martinez with the success he has had at NE would not matter because he is from Fresno then there is no point in further discussion.
I did not say that. Just making the point that Cali is an odd state. Kids there do not think state wide they think regionally. However, if he fancies himself a dual threat than he has probably followed everyone HCSF has coached. So he would be aware of what 2AM has accomplished and from a competitive standpoint he would want to learn from him. Just pointing out it would not be like Stanley Morgan hosting a kid from LA a few years back.

I did not say that. Just making the point that Cali is an odd state. Kids there do not think state wide they think regionally. However, if he fancies himself a dual threat than he has probably followed everyone HCSF has coached. So he would be aware of what 2AM has accomplished and from a competitive standpoint he would want to learn from him. Just pointing out it would not be like Stanley Morgan hosting a kid from LA a few years back.

We are going to have a agree to disagree

Oh my closet friend in life attended Fresno State, my roommate at UC San Diego was from Chico and my niece (who grew up in Pasadena) attended Cal State San Francisco as just some examples

Last edited:
If you're looking for regional connections, don't forget that we still have Dismuke. "Calabasas" may be close to a cuss word now in Lincoln, but it carries weight in Southern California.

I really like where the staff is with Ford. Getting him for 2021 would be great for that class and even better for the recruiting future in St. Louis.

Gonna be a really tough pull IMPO, but their hat is squarely in the ring and that's all you can hope for at this point.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back