• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 MLB

I think Shohei is the clear AL MVP. Vlad is having a monster year and a triple crown winner would normally be a shoe in for MVP, but what Shohei is doing is literally unlike anything that has happened for 100 years. I'm a big Braves fan which is about as far removed from the Angels as possible, but I've enjoyed following his season from the senior circuit. This is probably partly sports media setting up the narrative this way but Vlad Jr. just feels like another AL hitter having a monster year, whereas Shohei feels like something truly special.
What was the Angels record?

Yes there have been other non-playoff MVPs but Vlad Jr led Bluejays to precipice of the playoffs. That is worth something in my book.

Especially w/ Ohtani‘s unimpressive H2

What was the Angels record?

Yes there have been other non-playoff MVPs but Vlad Jr led Bluejays to precipice of the playoffs. That is worth something in my book.

Especially w/ Ohtani‘s unimpressive H2
The Angles admittedly underperformed, which is the norm for them, but that didn't stop Trout from winning MVP's. Ohtani's second half is very pedestrian in comparison to his first half. Vlad did carry his team closer to the playoffs. but that only carries so much weight.

Also in term's of value, Ohtani is clearly the most valuable because he is doing two different jobs, in an above average to incredible fashion, and you are only paying him once. I know that isn't what we're referring to when we say most valuable, but the dollars and cents of it does weigh in Ohtani's favor.

Braves look to clinch tonight. Morton back on the bump after short rest. I am predicting Braves win. Also it would be nice for the bats to wake up a little. Braves pitching and defense has been incredible so far. They are one homer away from three consecutive post season shut outs.

I am hoping the Giants win on the other side of the NL bracket, not because I think they would be any easier to beat for the Braves, but because the Dodgers are the worst and I don't want good things to happen to them. I'd like to see the White Sox pull off the comeback.

NLCS bound

Attachments

• guillermo-heredia-max-fried.jpg
    guillermo-heredia-max-fried.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 147
That checked swing call deciding the giants dodgers is egregious. Terrible call, I would argue it isn't even a borderline checked swing, he clearly did not offer a swing. Ump deciding the game is bad, but deciding the game on a horrible call is 1000 times worse.

Feel terrible for the giants and their fans.

Dodgers braves rematch from last year's nlcs. Once again I worry that the dodgers just have more dudes and dudes most of the time are what win big games. It would be really nice if the Bravos had Acuna

That checked swing call deciding the giants dodgers is egregious. Terrible call, I would argue it isn't even a borderline checked swing, he clearly did not offer a swing. Ump deciding the game is bad, but deciding the game on a horrible call is 1000 times worse.

Feel terrible for the giants and their fans.

Dodgers braves rematch from last year's nlcs. Once again I worry that the dodgers just have more dudes and dudes most of the time are what win big games. It would be really nice if the Bravos had Acuna
Watching at speed I would have called a swing also. Even watching in slo mo I would have probably said it was a swing since you could see the end of the bat (at least that’s the rule I was taught years ago). If I had my druthers both teams would have lost because I hate them both.

Watching at speed I would have called a swing also. Even watching in slo mo I would have probably said it was a swing since you could see the end of the bat (at least that’s the rule I was taught years ago). If I had my druthers both teams would have lost because I hate them both.
I strenuously disagree. Live I thought it wasn't even close to a swing, and replay only confirmed that thought. It's purely a judgement call for the officials so there isn't a rule follow. The question is did he make an attempt to strike the ball. I dont think Flores did.

I hate both Dodgers and Braves. Though more hate ...... Dodger$.

I can't stand tomahawk chants.

2 to 0, Braves lead. Eddie Rosario walk-off hit ..... ex-Twins player (Twins fan here)

America league, GO SOX ! I'm glad to eliminate $Yankee$

I noticed Scherzer post-game presser. One eye, bright blue iris. Other eye, dark brown, almost black

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back