• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 MLB

Braves atop the NL East, by far the weakest division, but also exciting. Each infield position could top 30 homers this season which has never been done before. Even without Acuna Jr. and Ozuna they are a tough out for anyone, and it should be a good race with the Phils to the division title. The Phillies have an easier schedule the rest of the way, but not by much.

Braves atop the NL East, by far the weakest division, but also exciting. Each infield position could top 30 homers this season which has never been done before. Even without Acuna Jr. and Ozuna they are a tough out for anyone, and it should be a good race with the Phils to the division title. The Phillies have an easier schedule the rest of the way, but not by much.
I just don't think the Braves have the starting rotation needed to really compete this year. Losing Soroka again was a huge blow, and Anderson being on the IL has also been a killer. I hope that I am wrong though, been a Braves fan for about 30 years ever since I was kid and watched them on TBS.

I just don't think the Braves have the starting rotation needed to really compete this year. Losing Soroka again was a huge blow, and Anderson being on the IL has also been a killer. I hope that I am wrong though, been a Braves fan for about 30 years ever since I was kid and watched them on TBS.
I agree they don't have the rotation to really make a run, but the bullpen has been really good since the All-Star break, and the lineup can score runs. I don't know that they will even make it to the NLCS, it is entirely possible that the Phillies overtake them and win the division, but the Braves are also good enough to play anybody tough and if they get hot they could outperform their talent level and expectations.

I agree they don't have the rotation to really make a run, but the bullpen has been really good since the All-Star break, and the lineup can score runs. I don't know that they will even make it to the NLCS, it is entirely possible that the Phillies overtake them and win the division, but the Braves are also good enough to play anybody tough and if they get hot they could outperform their talent level and expectations.
Getting Ynoa back will help, and Morton has had some good success in the playoffs in his career. All you gotta do is make it to the playoffs, then anything can happen.

The Braves have a significantly more difficult schedule the rest of the way than the Phillies.

By the way, Padres fans have to be a bit nervous now. The Reds are catching up in snagging a wild card berth away from them.

Last edited:
The Braves have a significantly more difficult schedule the rest of the way than the Phillies.

By the way, Padres fans have to be a bit nervous now. The Reds are catching up in snagging a wild card berth away from them.
I find it funny that the Giants who’ve long held the best record in the NL have worse odds at the moment to get to the WS than the Dodgers.

As a Brewer fan I am hopeful … assuming they hold onto the Central their first round will likely be with the Phillies or Braves … that is a better matchup first round than playing anyone from the West.

Let the Dodgers-Giants play a seven game slugfest before advancing to the NLCS.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the Tampa / Boston game at the moment? Fantastic game. Tampa just tied 9-9 top of 9th on inside the park HR.

Braves have some tough series to end the season, but Philly is not doing themselves any favors, they aren't picking up games when the Braves lose. I think Atlanta will hold onto the East and likely will be looking at a playoff series against the Brew Crew, which is a better situation than playing anyone from the West.

I don't think the Braves have enough depth to make a run at the World Series, but they aren't going to be an easy out either. A what could have been year, with Acuna, Soroka having injuries, and Ozuna's criminal behavior costing all three the whole season.

Salvador Perez deserves all sorts of mention.

He hit his 44th HR last night! Only one away from Johnny Bench's all-time record for catchers at 45.

Salvy is also in the mix for the Majors lead in homeruns this season -- one behind Vlad Jr.

Also, Salvy leads the Majors in RBIs.

Unbelievable numbers for a catcher (who is also a great defensive catcher). If he played in a larger market and/or winning team, he'd be getting all sorts of publicity.

Last edited:

Salvador Perez deserves all sorts of mention.

He hit his 44th HR last night! Only one away from Johnny Bench's all-time record for catchers at 45.

Salvy is also in the mix for the Majors lead in homeruns this season -- one behind Vlad Jr.

Also, Salvy leads the Majors in RBIs.

Unbelievable numbers for a catcher (who is also a great defensive catcher). If he played in a larger market and/or winning team, he'd be getting all sorts of publicity.
He should be getting tons of publicity but the AL MVP is clearly Shohei.

Vlad Jr is in position to win baseball's triple crown. Only 10 players have accomplished that feat in the entire history of the game.

Vlad is tied for first in homers, tied for first in batting average, tied for third in RBIs.

He could conceivably accomplish the triple crown yet finish #2 in MVP voting to Ohtani.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back