• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 JUCO combo guard Keisei Tominaga. 'N'

#30 Blue Uniforms

The guy knows when he’s feeling it, and he knows it’s in when it leaves his hand. Looks like a quick release, in part because he’s ready to pull the trigger before the ball ever hits his hands. My one concern, and @FeelLikeAStranger might disagree, I get bothered by guys who use weird leg kicks at the end of their shot. Several NBA guys have made this popular, Curry being one, and I realize it’s a bit of showmanship and an effort to occasionally draw a foul, but I see too many guys trying it and not keeping the focus on their shot.

He’s obviously hitting great in this game, at this level, I’d just hope he realizes that it’s a pretty big jump in competition in the B1G, and staying focused on scoring is going to be a big part of his succeeding or not.

Last edited:

The guy knows when he’s feeling it, and he knows it’s in when it leaves his hand. Looks like a quick release, in part because he’s ready to pull the trigger before the ball ever hits his hands. My one concern, and @FeelLikeAStranger might disagree, I get bothered by guys who use weird leg kicks at the end of their shot. Several NBA guys have made this popular, Curry being one, and I realize it’s a bit of showmanship and an effort to occasionally draw a foul, but I see too many guys trying it and not keeping the focus on their shot.

He’s obviously hitting great in this game, at this level, I’d just hope he realizes that it’s a pretty big jump in competition in the B1G, and staying focused on scoring is going to be a big part of his succeeding or not.
You have to figure the amount of time to get a shot off against a P5 defense will shrink, the arms in the way will be a little longer, etc...but he looks like a guy who can stroke it.

Edit: Robin Adds: :Lol:
1619121862618.png

Last edited:

Saw this Elsewhere: :Redface: (Awesome!!!!
Ranger won in overtime today and is Final Four bound! Keisei had 25 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists. (Edit to add: 7-of-12 FGs, including 5-of-10 from deep; 6-7 from FT line.
Blaise Keita and Coffeyville also got an OT win and going to the Final Four. Keita had 19 points (9/10 FTs!), 6 rebounds and 2 blocks.

They’re on opposite sides of the bracket, so they could meet in the championship game. That’d be pretty awesome

Ranger was a 13 seed, so they were going up against a 2 seed. And Coffeyville was like a 10 seed going up against something like a 3 seed. So they both won in upsets.

Last edited:

From another site: :Redface:

Friday 4/23/21
Ranger plays at 5 PM and Coffeville's game will follow that. Neither of their teams had a first round bye, and they've each beat two opponents who did have first round byes. Championship game is tomorrow night.

Coffeyville blew out their first two opponents, so they were able to limit Keita's minutes. He played a lot of minutes in their OT win last night though. Has to be hard for a big man to play every night (potentially 5 days in a row). Hopefully he has enough gas left in the tank.

Ranger lost in their semi-final game vs. Crowley County CC 116-97! :confused:

Tominaga can take over games in stretches​

Friday night’s semifinal matchup with Cowley got off to an awful start for Tominaga and Ranger.
The majority of Tominaga’s shots early on came on rushed, deep 3-pointers, and he started 0-for-4 from behind the arc as a result.
But the three-star sophomore, who hit 50.3 percent from behind the arc this season, flipped a switch in the second half.
Tominaga finished with a game-high 26 points while going 10-for-21 from the field and 5-of-13 from 3-point range. He also added a team-high four assists and four rebounds in 34 minutes of play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back