• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Hunter Sallis Millard North Offered > Gonzaga

Hmm, who is the best Basketball player from Nebraska, ever? Bob Boone? Ron Kellogg II? Erick Strickland? Most of those guys don't go to Nebraska, even those that aren't in that top tier. I wish the best for him. Grudgingly. But the best.

Over the years we've lost our share of top locals. If we are honest with ourselves, we shouldn't be surprised losing a player to a KU (Kellogg), or Duke (Jackman), or Creighton (Stivrens), Trotter (Marquette), or even a Louisville or Texas. Some of these decisions were based on the perception of Husker Hoops, or coaching/playing styles, or a kid just wanted to play for a higher profile school, and none of these reasons can really be seen as a huge slap in the face of the program. Its part of life.

Personally, I think it's odd he earned a 5th star. He has upside/potential, but currently he's kind of gangly and spotty shooter. He's probably going to put on a couple of more inches, so his size at the wing is really nice, but I don't see a reason for him to have earned that 5th at this point. Then again, I don't make a living recruiting or coaching.

Last edited:

(Saw this elsewhere :Redface: & thought It worth repeating. His reasoning seems to make sense.)

"Main reasons Hunter didn't include NU: (1) had a relationship with Miles staff and liked TM. Sautter thinks he would have come if Miles had stayed (sorry to restir that pot). Lewis is the reason UCLA made the list. He said UConn would have made the list but Kenya Hunter left for Indiana. I'd missed that. (2) Likes Fred, but the transfer culture doesn't appeal to him. Has to mix in as a freshman with 21-22 year olds and some character issues. Could refer to a combination of Cam and Teddy coming in, Sautter didn't specify. "

(Podcast: relevant segment starts @ 7:45 thru about 20:00)

Last edited:
(Saw this elsewhere :Redface: & thought It worth repeating. His reasoning seems to make sense.)

"Main reasons Hunter didn't include NU: (1) had a relationship with Miles staff and liked TM. Sautter thinks he would have come if Miles had stayed (sorry to restir that pot). Lewis is the reason UCLA made the list. He said UConn would have made the list but Kenya Hunter left for Indiana. I'd missed that. (2) Likes Fred, but the transfer culture doesn't appeal to him. Has to mix in as a freshman with 21-22 year olds and some character issues. Could refer to a combination of Cam and Teddy coming in, Sautter didn't specify. "

Well that's two local guys who aren't interested in Nebraska because of the "transfer culture". YAY.

Also Nebrasketball sucks.

Last edited:
Well that's two local guys who aren't interested in Nebraska because of the "transfer culture". YAY.

Also Nebrasketball sucks.

The first one wasn't willing to compete, so I'm not stressed about him. The second, well, his supposed reasoning strikes me as someone who has very specific ideas on the environment he feels he needs. I'd be asking why he felt Miles, who had his share of transfers over his coaching stint was all rainbows and unicorns, but Fred in 2 years of rebuilding has too many? Who did he think should have stayed from the Tim Team? Does he realize that there are very few teams that have few transfers and build teams as frosh through seniors? Kentucky is a revolving door, as has been Louisville. I don't recall UCLA being a bastion of stability either. KU isn't immune from guys transferring, and they have had a few character questions as well.

I think we are getting a little too concerned with some of these rather finicky children, who I'll wager is likely to tuck and run if he's not getting major minutes right out of the chute with which ever team he goes to. I'm not seeing a fighter in those comments.

Hmmmm. Interesting.

The first one wasn't willing to compete, so I'm not stressed about him. The second, well, his supposed reasoning strikes me as someone who has very specific ideas on the environment he feels he needs. I'd be asking why he felt Miles, who had his share of transfers over his coaching stint was all rainbows and unicorns, but Fred in 2 years of rebuilding has too many? Who did he think should have stayed from the Tim Team? Does he realize that there are very few teams that have few transfers and build teams as frosh through seniors? Kentucky is a revolving door, as has been Louisville. I don't recall UCLA being a bastion of stability either. KU isn't immune from guys transferring, and they have had a few character questions as well.

I think we are getting a little too concerned with some of these rather finicky children, who I'll wager is likely to tuck and run if he's not getting major minutes right out of the chute with which ever team he goes to. I'm not seeing a fighter in those comments.
someone's butt is hurt

someone's butt is hurt
Or someone understands the way of the world. People who fawn over self important 18 year olds makes me chuckle. And I haven’t been butt hurt about anything sports related in decades. I do however find gnats who choose to buzz around me annoying, especially when I know they’ve likely been spending time on a steamy pile where they feel most at home. Feel free to head back there, because we both know you have zero to add on this board.

I've never seen any comments about "one-and-done" for Sallis. My impression is the one-and-done climate for 95% of the Kentucky roster isn't a good fit for him.

Hmm, who is the best Basketball player from Nebraska, ever? Bob Boone? Ron Kellogg II? Erick Strickland? Most of those guys don't go to Nebraska, even those that aren't in that top tier. I wish the best for him. Grudgingly. But the best.

Hoppen did. And he was as good as anyone. If he had not been injured his senior year he would have had a long NBA career. He still made it to the league for awhile.

I wish this kid was staying home.

I wish we could have landed him but, at this point, I'll just be happy if he goes anywhere but Crayton.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back