• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Hunter Sallis Millard North Offered > Gonzaga

No one is playing tournaments, so how is there any movement in these silly ratings? Is it based on 'offers'?

I read where Rivals previous rankings update was done in January so several games were played since then. So the question seems, what took so long for Rivals to update?

Hepburn is actually a pretty good fit for them, but I’m not seeing Sallis enjoying that style.
I think you are right. This might be the best moment for basketball talent from Nebraska in my life, and it looks like it's slowly getting away. I'm saying that thinking of Strickland and Woolridge.

I think you are right. This might be the best moment for basketball talent from Nebraska in my life, and it looks like it's slowly getting away. I'm saying that thinking of Strickland and Woolridge.
I don't know, Bob, we tend to forget some of the talent that the state used to have from time to time. 1978, 1979, 1981, those years had several D1 recruits and signees. Sailors, Stivrens, Martz, Jackman, Anderson, Crawford, Trotter, Kellogg, Lazaretti, Hoppen, McFarlane. Those are ones I can kind of remember. And that doesn't include a huge number of guys who were major contributors to many of the DII programs around the area. Some of those guys had D1 offers to smaller programs, but chose to go to closer DII schools.

Nebraska if far from a hotbed of basketball talent, but there have been some pretty good players, and in some cases, some groups of talent that have fed schools other than Nebraska. Kansas, Duke, Marquette, Pepperdine, SMU, Colorado, Creighton, New Mexico State.

I don't know, Bob, we tend to forget some of the talent that the state used to have from time to time. 1978, 1979, 1981, those years had several D1 recruits and signees. Sailors, Stivrens, Martz, Jackman, Anderson, Crawford, Trotter, Kellogg, Lazaretti, Hoppen, McFarlane. Those are ones I can kind of remember. And that doesn't include a huge number of guys who were major contributors to many of the DII programs around the area. Some of those guys had D1 offers to smaller programs, but chose to go to closer DII schools.

Nebraska if far from a hotbed of basketball talent, but there have been some pretty good players, and in some cases, some groups of talent that have fed schools other than Nebraska. Kansas, Duke, Marquette, Pepperdine, SMU, Colorado, Creighton, New Mexico State.
Fair enough. Maybe I'm just butthurt that most of the talent in the state for the past ten years has "not fit" with Nebrasketball which sounds a lot like a lack of trust and/or opportunity.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just butthurt that most of the talent in the state for the past ten years has "not fit" with Nebrasketball which sounds a lot like a lack of trust and/or opportunity.

Some of it may not have, or we had the staff get enamored with the idea a kid from Chicago MUST be better than a kid from Norfolk. And I hate to suggest it, but I also think some might think that a roster full of kids from major cities all over the country is easier to recruit to than a roster with what appears to be some gomers from Nebraska. We both know that's pure crap, but I think some actually believe that.

Great focus, and moving without the ball. The only thing I didn’t see was his being able to just catch and shoot. Against stronger players, the dribble drive or dribble pull up get much harder. He needs to be able to bury jumpers without putting it on the floor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back