• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Hunter Sallis Millard North Offered > Gonzaga

Used to be if one of our targets were offered by Gonzaga, Kansas, Wichita St, and the like, we could pretty much forgettaboutit.

I'm not so sure anymore; with Head Coach Fred Hoiberg and his style of play, coaching prowess and history of putting players in the NBA. Go play for a storied-program (Zags one of my favorite teams), or a chance to make some history of your own. A much tougher decision for highly-regarded prospective recruits than in the past, I'm sure! :nod:

Geez I hope Hunter decides to go to UNL. I also hope that Donovan Williams and Chucky Hepburn decide not to go to Wisconsin, and maybe reconsider going to Nebraska.
Chucky is a great fit for Wiscy, so it's best if he sticks to that decision. I think he's a good player, but sometimes you have to let the kid do what's right for him, and he's tailor made for Badger ball. Super steady and excels in a structure.

Williams, I don't think he's going to change his mind. He's not striking me as a kid who will be patient playing behind upperclassmen who are just as good if not better than he is.

Sallis is a weird situation. I think he's a good player, but he wasn't this phenom until he had a freakish hot tourney last summer. He's never really matched that performance either. If you look at how Arop did against him, while I admit that was a senior playing a soph, he really had no answer to a good defender who could hang with him. I'm interested to see how he finishes his HS and select career before I agree he's a 'must get'.

Chucky is a great fit for Wiscy, so it's best if he sticks to that decision. I think he's a good player, but sometimes you have to let the kid do what's right for him, and he's tailor made for Badger ball. Super steady and excels in a structure.

Williams, I don't think he's going to change his mind. He's not striking me as a kid who will be patient playing behind upperclassmen who are just as good if not better than he is.

Sallis is a weird situation. I think he's a good player, but he wasn't this phenom until he had a freakish hot tourney last summer. He's never really matched that performance either. If you look at how Arop did against him, while I admit that was a senior playing a soph, he really had no answer to a good defender who could hang with him. I'm interested to see how he finishes his HS and select career before I agree he's a 'must get'.

If you can recruit well enough in college basketball, nobody is really a “must get”. But...Sallis is someone we definitely, definitely want. I think he will end up out-of-state but he’s got a really high ceiling.

If you can recruit well enough in college basketball, nobody is really a “must get”. But...Sallis is someone we definitely, definitely want. I think he will end up out-of-state but he’s got a really high ceiling.

If Kansas swooped in and snagged him, no one would be surprised. I do think that if he want's to be a showcased player he needs to consider the team he signs with, and how many other 5* guys they have that also want that spotlight. As a Husker he'd be something special, as a Jayhawk he's just another member of the recuiting class that's trying to be in the top 5. If his goals are to get to the Tourney and seeing how deep they can go, then I agree, he's probably going to look out-of-state. He's a talented kid, but I think his game might play a little better in some other leagues. I don't see him in the Big East, and maybe not in the B1G.

I hope he can put on some good weight, as he's notably slender. Team from IMG was noticeably muscular and Sallis played quite well against them but I don't think he has the body today for banging "with the big guys" on a regular basis.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back