• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Hunter Sallis Millard North Offered > Gonzaga

Good to see us going after some top Nebraska kids. Pretty good offers for a kid that is going in to his sophomore season.

I'm out of state. Are these offers a sign of a long overdue up tick in basketball talent in Nebraska or just NU playing more attention? Or a little of both?

Good to see us going after some top Nebraska kids. Pretty good offers for a kid that is going in to his sophomore season.

I'm out of state. Are these offers a sign of a long overdue up tick in basketball talent in Nebraska or just NU playing more attention? Or a little of both?
With two NBA draft picks out of Omaha in consecutive years, I don't think you can talk about a current lack of talent in Nebraska. Sallis is supposed to have the most upside of any of the kids in High School right now. He has an offer from Creighton, so it makes sense to get on him - would be great if Williams talks him into it.

Last edited:
With two NBA draft picks out of Omaha in consecutive years, I don't think you can talk about a current lack of talent in Nebraska. Sallis is supposed to have the most upside of any of the kids in High School right now. He has an offer from Creighton, so it makes sense to get on him - would be great if Williams talks him into it.

I have no idea if this is a byproduct of Moos being AD, but Miles seems to have determined that pulling in roster fillers from out of state, and resigning the best instate to Creighton and Iowa isn't going to play well anymore.

I have no idea if this is a byproduct of Moos being AD, but Miles seems to have determined that pulling in roster fillers from out of state, and resigning the best instate to Creighton and Iowa isn't going to play well anymore.
That could be making his seat a little....warm.

That could be making his seat a little....warm.
As well it should. If he'd been knocking it out of the park with some of those 'diamonds in the rough' he got late in the process, he might have a leg to stand on, but several left, and nearly all have failed to contributed. If we are looking for role players, there isn't anything wrong with keeping it local. Studs may have to come from other states, but contrary to what some believe, there are local kids who can sit the bench and come in for garbage time just as adequately as bringing in someone from out of state.

Last edited:

I guess I was including those draftees in the recent/current time window. From a distance, it feels like Nebraska HS basketball is currently better than the historical average. Maybe it's just that the Huskers are finally paying attention.

If Miles would have gone after Logan Strom, Austin Allen, Tyler Hagedorn and Mike Daum - UNL would likely have gotten a couple of them. They are all guys who look like practice players out of high school, but as 4 or 5 year players maybe they are minutes guys. Each of them projected better than Borchardt in basketball out of high school. They would be either the glue guys that make a team go or in Daum's case maybe the gem that takes the team to the tournament.

Thomas and Patton (and Shereef Mitchell?) are local guys that Miles didn't go after at all. Talk about misses.

I think Miles' seat is already hot from straight results, and the above doesn't help.

I guess I was including those draftees in the recent/current time window. From a distance, it feels like Nebraska HS basketball is currently better than the historical average. Maybe it's just that the Huskers are finally paying attention.
In the 70's and 80's we had a solid amount of D1 talent playing for various schools. The 90's weren't bad either. I'd like to see a graphic of the last 15 years, and who from Nebraska played for any D1 schools. No matter how you slice it, we have been lacking in aggressively trying to get guys to the University. We reached on a number of out of state players, so we could have just as easily reached on some of the instaters as well. I'm not saying we don't try to get some highly rated guys from out of state, but too many low rated are filling the roster. They don't have the connection to the state, and when they don't play much, they get homesick and bailout. Maybe that's by design so we don't have a definite 4 year scholarship commitment, but it would be an odd tactic if that's the case.

If Miles would have gone after Logan Strom, Austin Allen, Tyler Hagedorn and Mike Daum - UNL would likely have gotten a couple of them. They are all guys who look like practice players out of high school, but as 4 or 5 year players maybe they are minutes guys. Each of them projected better than Borchardt in basketball out of high school. They would be either the glue guys that make a team go or in Daum's case maybe the gem that takes the team to the tournament.

Thomas and Patton (and Shereef Mitchell?) are local guys that Miles didn't go after at all. Talk about misses.

I think Miles' seat is already hot from straight results, and the above doesn't help.

Norfolk had a good run of ball players for a while. Tyler Hagedorn could really help this team right now a true stretch 4 that can shoot the 3. Strom could be that guy like Borchardt but with much better offensive skills. Daum goes without saying could have been special. Another Norfolk player Jalen Bradly ended up playing at Oral Roberts. Man that kid could shoot. Only right at 6 foot and pretty skinny.

Even tho I went to a Millard North game because I heard about them having a D1 prospect and no one stood out to me (had to get a program at halftime), @HuSkaBob and his post is what gives me hope. The games I went to he was the fifth leading scorer on his team and struggled to get to double digits. I have a hard time believing that's the 50th best sophomore in the country. But it's all about ceiling and projection. Doubt he stays at Millard North if he is that good at basketball, but who knows. We have a good shot at getting him, Hepburn have an uphill battle.

Even tho I went to a Millard North game because I heard about them having a D1 prospect and no one stood out to me (had to get a program at halftime), @HuSkaBob and his post is what gives me hope. The games I went to he was the fifth leading scorer on his team and struggled to get to double digits. I have a hard time believing that's the 50th best sophomore in the country. But it's all about ceiling and projection. Doubt he stays at Millard North if he is that good at basketball, but who knows. We have a good shot at getting him, Hepburn have an uphill battle.

I’ve seen him play a few times. Ceiling and projection is right. Hepburn is the best player in the state bar none when you look at total package and Power 5 projection. Williams isn’t too far behind. His body is there but there’s a lot of basketball he has got to learn. If he gets good coaching in college, he could be a force. Arop will be a solid D1 player obviously. I like where his basketball I.Q. is at. My opinions of course.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back