• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Fall Camp Thread; 21 August: No Media access: Last Day Of Fall Camp

Sorry but we are 2 deep at WR not counting flack Lewer and 3 promising true frosh
IMO we are not thin at WR

I didn't say we ARE thin. I said we've been thin. The excuse du jour all last year for the passing game woes was the lack of playmakers at WR. So, now that we may finally have some playmakers in more numbers . . . use some of that depth for the kickoff return game and not risk the 2 deep there, was my point/concern.

KIckoff returns are kind of notorious for injuries. IMHO, I'd rather save Manning and Betts for the passing game and not risk them on special teams. But if Frost & Dawson want to go that route then so be it.

Yant is a walk on only because of other issues. He is now on scholarship. By using your own posting history of listing a consensus rating instead of the actual recruiting rating assigned by experts
Yant was never a 4 star. He was a low 3 star (82 rating) on 247 and wasn’t even rated by Rivals. Hopefully he’ll be a 5 star on Husker game days. He’s put in the work. It’s impossible not to root for the young man.

I didn't say we ARE thin. I said we've been thin. The excuse du jour all last year for the passing game woes was the lack of playmakers at WR. So, now that we may finally have some playmakers in more numbers . . . use some of that depth for the kickoff return game and not risk the 2 deep there, was my point/concern.

KIckoff returns are kind of notorious for injuries. IMHO, I'd rather save Manning and Betts for the passing game and not risk them on special teams. But if Frost & Dawson want to go that route then so be it.
The reality was we had one injured wr, 2 frosh wrs, walkons and a guy who was overworked and left because we were so thin.
No excuses, our walkons could have played better, our one frosh could have, the guy that left could have too, and the guy who hadnt had a practice with the team til almost half way into the seasin could have known the offense without practices, but reality shows it didnt happen

The reality was we had one injured wr, 2 frosh wrs, walkons and a guy who was overworked and left because we were so thin.
No excuses, our walkons could have played better, our one frosh could have, the guy that left could have too, and the guy who hadnt had a practice with the team til almost half way into the seasin could have known the offense without practices, but reality shows it didnt happen
Are you even still a fan? Or are you just here to start crap?

What are you basing this on? He looked to have a couple of decent runs against ND (but nothing that special). JY was a 4* out of HS just like Stepp. I don't see Stepp in the top two but that is my opinion. I don't think he ever sees the field for Nebraska but I am hoping I am wrong.

I‘m probably a little too cautious about making bold predictions, but I think it may be just a wee too early to decide whether Stepp will have an impact. We haven’t even seen him line up for a play yet. Not much to base such a dire prediction other than cynicism.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back