• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 Fall Camp Thread; 21 August: No Media access: Last Day Of Fall Camp

What does a Chief of Staff do?
I imagine quite a bit behind the scenes. Probably a liaison between the staff and coach Frost as well as the Athletic Department. That has to be quite a bit of responsibility and number of people when you factor in assistance coaches, trainers, managers, grad assistants, admin staff, recruiting staff, analysts, film crews, etc. Imagine also he had quite a bit of say in hiring. From a staffing level, recruiting, coordinating, and operations, can understand why a head coach would want to be more like a CEO with the exception of play calling. :)

What does a Chief of Staff do?
University of Nebraska Athletics

Serving as Scott Frost's Chief of Staff for the sixth straight season overall, Lambrecht takes a lead role with all administrative aspects of the program, including serving as a liaison with the athletic administration and other units within the Husker athletic department.

I imagine there are a lot of demands on SFs time - administratively, bureaucracy … I suspect the COS sits in for SF when necessary on things like budgets, compliance. Also handles scheduling and a ton of other behind the scenes stuff.

I imagine quite a bit behind the scenes. Probably a liaison between the staff and coach Frost as well as the Athletic Department. That has to be quite a bit of responsibility and number of people when you factor in assistance coaches, trainers, managers, grad assistants, admin staff, recruiting staff, analysts, film crews, etc. Imagine also he had quite a bit of say in hiring. From a staffing level, recruiting, coordinating, and operations, can understand why a head coach would want to be more like a CEO with the exception of play calling. :)
The comments made that he might still be involved with the program brings up some information I have been hearing for a little while. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him as a liaison between athletes and businesses managing/navigating NIL. That is only a prediction on my side. Don’t take it to the bank.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back