• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 CB Avante Dickerson, Omaha Westside, receives Nebraska offer

Thought he should have gotten this offer last fall. Good looking prospect

Makes sense:

"In fact Dickerson wasn’t even sure he had a Nebraska offer until just a few weeks ago, as there was a communication error between the staff and the defender. Nebraska had thought it had offered the defender much, much earlier."

“I was talking with Barrett Ruud and we just got a little mixed up,” he said. “There wasn’t a chance to talk with all the coaches together to talk about it.”

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...Avante-Dickerson-is-Top-50-player--131041353/

When there are kids in the state that grow up not worshiping the "N" on the Nebraska helmet...other universities see opportunities to come in and possibly sign high level prospects. Given Nebraska's struggles the last decade plus...this should not come as a surprise. This makes Coach Rudd's recruiting efforts in the state even more challenging regardless if Avante Dickerson is a big time Nebraska fan or not.

Fans need to understand, respect, and appreciate how big it is when Coach Rudd gains a commitment and LOI signature from a player in state!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Can't lose sleep over a kid leaving Nebraska if they wish. Never want to lose them, I get that, but who knows how things will turn out. I am grateful for those kids that come here and really have no feelings either way for those that don't.

Can't lose sleep over a kid leaving Nebraska if they wish. Never want to lose them, I get that, but who knows how things will turn out. I am grateful for those kids that come here and really have no feelings either way for those that don't.
I wouldn't lose sleep over a kid who just got done with his sophomore year and where he is going to choose. I do think with teams like Ohio State in the mix, you are going to get a lot more sharks circling and it changes recruitment drastically.

Location is to our advantage with him and Xavier Watts. Time to use it.

We're good. He's 2021. Ohio State is about to lose a few games this year, and we get to watch their fanbase lose their ever-lovin' minds over it,... and so Dickerson watches that, too. If Nebraska can beat OSU in Lincoln--when Dickerson is likely to be at the game--it'll be hard to leave Nebraska to go there.

Last edited:
We're good. He's 2021. Ohio State is about to lose a few games this year, and we get to watch their fanbase lose their ever-lovin' minds over it,... and so Dickerson watch that, too. If Nebraska can beat OSU in Lincoln--when Dickerson is likely to be at the game--it'll be hard to leave Nebraska to go there.
I'd kindly ask you to stop coolly analyzing this situation when people are trying to freak out.

I wouldn't lose sleep over a kid who just got done with his sophomore year and where he is going to choose. I do think with teams like Ohio State in the mix, you are going to get a lot more sharks circling and it changes recruitment drastically.

Location is to our advantage with him and Xavier Watts. Time to use it.

Really don't know anything about these kids, what about their families, are they pushing for them to stay close or are they leaving the recruiting stuff up to the kids?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back