• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2021 C Alexis Markowski is NEBRASKA!

:Welcome2:
GOOD NEWS, INDEED!!!!!! :Mfclap: :Mfclap: :Mfclap:

(I'm pretty sure it Must be on Scholarship for such a highly-sought after recruit. :Cheer2: :Cheer2: :Cheer2:)

Last edited:
Makes sense to add her. The top player on the Class A championship team? This is a better resume than some of other recruits of the past. I couldn't understand why she was going to SDS. Hopefully this is another sign of the program heading in the right direction. And her Dad Andy was a great in-state player for the Husker men. GBR!

Last edited:
This from another site: :Redface:

She was originally committed to SDSU (committed during her Jr. HS yr) and when she became available Nebraska was the first school to offer. According to the LJS playing at home was big in the decision. Pretty cool!

Between Markowski and Allison Weidner, Nebraska has committed what some people would consider the top 2 prospects in the state for 2021.
:Salute:

Last edited:

Talk about NIL potential...

5e7e9dcb0319f.image.jpg

snagged from OWH

I'm going to be the debbie downer here. I seen her play and she gets most of her rebounds because she is bigger(taller)than anyone else. doesn't move very well in the post. would like to see her against players her own size.

I'm going to be the debbie downer here. I seen her play and she gets most of her rebounds because she is bigger(taller)than anyone else. doesn't move very well in the post. would like to see her against players her own size.

Agree, this is a legacy recruit that will probably disappoint. I've seen her play and she doesn't look like a player that will be very successful at the D1 level. Her HS team basically lets her do everything and funnels everything through her.

Agree, this is a legacy recruit that will probably disappoint. I've seen her play and she doesn't look like a player that will be very successful at the D1 level. Her HS team basically lets her do everything and funnels everything through her.
I think that has been a very good strategy for them (one the smallest in Class A) and that involvement should help hone her skills for DONU. Also Markowski seems to have very good balance on rebounds and a very high % around the basket. And she seems to have strong hands! Just saying. Many recruits in this program have disappointed. She was the MVP on a Class A state championship team as a junior. How many recruits has AW brought in that have that background. Isn't it a little early to draw a conclusion that she will be a disappointment?

I think that has been a very good strategy for them (one the smallest in Class A) and that involvement should help hone her skills for DONU. Also Markowski seems to have very good balance on rebounds and a very high % around the basket. And she seems to have strong hands! Just saying. Many recruits in this program have disappointed. She was the MVP on a Class A state championship team as a junior. How many recruits has AW brought in that have that background. Isn't it a little early to draw a conclusion that she will be a disappointment?

You've obviously seen her play. I just don't share your opinion. I hope she works out, but at the moment, feel she is over rated if i'm being honest.

Seems like we can always use more players with a high % around the basket. :Redface:

Seems like we can always use more players with a high % around the basket. :Redface:
You think. It seems NU gets a fair number of shots close in, but just can't close. This excludes Sam who has great touch from just about anywhere. We'll see next year how AM does. I realize Class A in Nebraska is not fertile Big Ten recruiting territory. I think that AM has a good chance of being an above average recruit in this current AW program. The program has been 11th, third, fifth and tenth in her first four years in the Big Ten. Tied for 8th right now.

Last edited:
You've obviously seen her play. I just don't share your opinion. I hope she works out, but at the moment, feel she is over rated if i'm being honest.
Over-rated wrt who? She doesn't have the over all game that some of the Yori centers like Shepard and the Alaska gal had. But not many do. The Yori era was great. I still don't know why she was fired.
I think AM should be a solid player in this program. I don't think that she got the scholarship because of her legacy. I hope for the program's sake that she can continue to improve.

Over-rated wrt who? She doesn't have the over all game that some of the Yori centers like Shepard and the Alaska gal had. But not many do. The Yori era was great. I still don't know why she was fired.
I think AM should be a solid player in this program. I don't think that she got the scholarship because of her legacy. I hope for the program's sake that she can continue to improve.
I think the problem is that AM doesn't play against many centers her size. Most other players play against players thier own size, so it's easier to gauge how they might do against higher competition. When she gets into the B1G, things will be much harder for her.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back