• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 Walk-On Commits

Steady stream of walk-on commits seems like one of the more positive outcomes of the season.

GBR!

Steady stream of walk-on commits seems like one of the more positive outcomes of the season.

GBR!

definitely something positive for us. I think we're a year away from really seeing the impact of the walk-on program being used to the maximum, but it's going to pay dividends - not just with quality depth, but with some kids who can be starters and even very good starters

definitely something positive for us. I think we're a year away from really seeing the impact of the walk-on program being used to the maximum, but it's going to pay dividends - not just with quality depth, but with some kids who can be starters and even very good starters
Agreed. We already have two walk-ons from the 2019 class contributing on special teams. Luke Reimers and Zach Weinmaster.

Elliott Brown WR from Elkhorn South just committed to walk on.

Nice! He's the 13th commit for 2020. Looks like he'll start out as a WR for Nebraska.

Elkhorn South's Elliott Brown announced his commitment Friday to join the Husker football program as a preferred walk-on.
The senior was a quarterback for a Storm but will begin his Husker career as a wide receiver. On Twitter, he said he was "born for this."

-OWH

RB Isaiah Harris from Millard South is the 14th commit.

For the second time in as many days Nebraska added to its 2020 walk-on class. Millard South senior running back Isaiah Harris announced Saturday on Twitter he would join the Huskers.

"I chose Nebraska because I really feel like me having to finally really work for my spot on a team will make me that much better," Harris said. "I get to stay home so people that either doubted me or supported me can watch me grow, and they can see me become a better football player."

I like him as a RB (not what I'd usually say for a walk-on). Nice balance and power and really nice speed

any word on the lack of other offers?

a couple of track notes. this kid is fast (not as fast as Kautz in the 100 meters, for instance), but fast -- 10.9 best time in the 100 meters, but maybe even better in the 55 meters -- 6.53 (second in the state in indoor track last year behind Miko Maessner who ran 6.49). top 5 in the country were 6.17 through 6.31 (guys who are on the fast track to national and international track events, though.) -- (addendum, for reference Rahmir Johnson ran a 6.54 55 meters and a 10.74 best 100 meters, 10.86 as a senior)

Hudl lists a 4.43 40 time and a 31.5" vertical, and the film shows a really good athlete and a football player as well

Last edited:

I like him as a RB (not what I'd usually say for a walk-on). Nice balance and power and really nice speed

any word on the lack of other offers?

He has offers from smaller schools. Not any Power 5 offers. If grades aren’t an issue than I have to assume the P5 schools don’t see him as being able to play at that level. Time will tell.

Why him and not Harsh from Scottsbluff?
What position is Harsh being recruited as? I haven’t heard of him actually receiving a walk-on offer, but he’s been at games, so I’m assuming he has one. Maybe it’s just that Harsh hasn’t decided what he wants to do yet? He seems like a pure athlete, so I don’t think Harris’ decision sound impact Harsh’s.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back