• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 Schedule To Be Released Tomorrow (8/4/20)

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them move start date to later in September to buy more time in light of Indiana, Mich State, and NW having players testing positive.

While we are only a month out, I expect games will start September 5. Any chance of playing a decent number of games depends on lots of open dates to facilitate flexibility. I think the SEC is crazy for pushing the start back. I also expect schedules to be front-loaded with division opponents. I'm guessing we will be scheduled to play Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota by mid-October. The zero tolerance on positive tests means it's likely to be irrelevant. We're likely to have the season of a handful of exhibition games if we have any games at all, I'm afraid.

While we are only a month out, I expect games will start September 5. Any chance of playing a decent number of games depends on lots of open dates to facilitate flexibility. I think the SEC is crazy for pushing the start back. I also expect schedules to be front-loaded with division opponents. I'm guessing we will be scheduled to play Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota by mid-October. The zero tolerance on positive tests means it's likely to be irrelevant. We're likely to have the season of a handful of exhibition games if we have any games at all, I'm afraid.
I really don’t see getting through a full 10 game season.Jmo.Keep the faith.GBR.

We may very well not get all 10 games in. I agree that the schedule is going to be flexible. But I’m not sure it will include a lot of open dates. We may see a a 12 or 13 week window with a front loaded schedule and 2 to 3 weeks for make up games at the end of the season. I really think this schedule is going to be in pencil, not ink.

We may very well not get all 10 games in. I agree that the schedule is going to be flexible. But I’m not sure it will include a lot of open dates. We may see a a 12 or 13 week window with a front loaded schedule and 2 to 3 weeks for make up games at the end of the season. I really think this schedule is going to be in pencil, not ink.

I agree it will be in pencil. I guess maybe "lots of open dates" wasn't a great choice of words. Maybe a premium on flexibility by creating windows that allow large scale adjustment would be more accurate. I hope we see football but I think it could get ugly as students return to campus. There will be a lot of opportunities for exposure. The schools want and need the revenue from as much in-person instruction as possible but it carries risk.

Last edited:
I agree it will be in pencil. I guess maybe "lots of open dates" wasn't a great choice of words. Maybe a premium on flexibility by creating windows that allow large scale adjustment would be more accurate. I hope we see football but I think it could get ugly as students return to campus. There will be a lot of opportunities for exposure. The schools want and need the revenue from as much in-person instruction as possible but it carries risk.

Well you may be right about the open dates too. We’re all just guessing. But we do agree, it’s going to have to have built in flexibility.

On the college revenue, what I’m seeing, and somewhat was surprised, kids are moving into the dorms even though it sounds like they will probably have all classes online. I’m sure occupancy will be down, but maybe not as bad as we initially thought.

The most dangerous possibility is if one or two schools close down after a couple of games. The schedule will be all screwed up if that happens.

A year from now we'll know if the Ivy League was right.

The most dangerous possibility is if one or two schools close down after a couple of games. The schedule will be all screwed up if that happens.

A year from now we'll know if the Ivy League was right.

I suppose that’s possible. They may also just take a couple weeks off if needed. But either way the schedule guaranteed to get screwed up. Thus the need for flexibility and creativity. I hope nobody cries when we’re scheduled to play Rutgers In week 3 and we end up playing Ohio State in their place due to the virus. That’s the kind of stuff that’s probably going to happen. I’m good with it.

The MLB schedule is getting screwed up. I hope they try to start earlier than later. If they have to pause for a few weeks, they will be able to. Starting later will prohibit that.

Well you may be right about the open dates too. We’re all just guessing. But we do agree, it’s going to have to have built in flexibility.

On the college revenue, what I’m seeing, and somewhat was surprised, kids are moving into the dorms even though it sounds like they will probably have all classes online. I’m sure occupancy will be down, but maybe not as bad as we initially thought.

Our enrollment at my institution is down significantly. As a parent of a student, I am also annoyed that I am paying all the fees for online classes when my son doesn't want online classes and lives in town. I think it was a mistake to not waive those fees when you don't offer the in-person alternative. Cases spiked here when 100ish football players showed up in town (it wasn't handled nearly as well as Nebraska handled the return). I am not optimistic about what will happen when 20,000 students show up. I'm thinking there is a very high probability we start with some in person and hybrid classes and end up being all online by the end of the semester. I hope I am wrong but I know better than to bet on uniformly wise decisions from 20,000 people whose prefrontal cortex is not yet completely mature. One ill-timed party can throw an entire conference season (and much more) in to chaos.

Last edited:
Our enrollment at my institution is down significantly. As a parent of a student, I am also annoyed that I am paying all the fees for online classes when my son doesn't want online classes and lives in town. I think it was a mistake to not waive those fees when you don't offer the in-person alternative. Cases spiked here when 100ish football players showed up in town (it wasn't handled nearly as well as Nebraska handled the return). I am not optimistic about what will happen when 20,000 students show up. I'm thinking there is a very high probability we start with some in person and hybrid classes and end up being all online by the end of the semester. I hope I am wrong but I know better than to bet on uniformly wise decisions from 20,000 people whose prefrontal cortex is not yet completely mature. One ill-timed party can throw an entire conference season (and much more) in to chaos.

This does give me hope for the future. Nebraska's return game is better than most other's. Sounds better than our return game last year!

I'm anxious to see what the conference comes up with for scheduling, specifically for the four cross-over games. Hopefully there is some sort of scheduling equity, and no West team gets stuck playing all three East division powers (tOSU, PSU, Mich). The way it SHOULD work out is that 5 of the West division teams play two of the three East powers and 2 lucky West division teams play only one of the three East powers.

I am sure Nebraska will be one of the West division teams that draws two of the three East powers. And if any unfortunate West division team does get stuck playing all three East powers, it will probably be Nebraska.

This would be a good year to draw Sparty, with that program in temporary disarray (new coach, only a few Spring practices, recent COVID shutdown).

It’s going to get ugly when kids return to campus with or without football.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them move start date to later in September to buy more time in light of Indiana, Mich State, and NW having players testing positive.
I agree. Two more weeks to order cardboard attendees and mannequin cheerleaders. September 5th is too early ...... only 32 days to go.

Anyway, I hope added Terps because easier way to reach bowl eligibility

3ADNoE3.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back