• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 Recruiting Board

Mobile Alabama 3* 5.7 prospect Jimari Butler commits to Nebraska.

Butler is a familiar prospect type--a HS DE likely to find a home at OLB. He is long and lean and is considered a top pass rushing prospect.

A couple of commits today on the eve of the early signing day.

2 for 2 JUCO DT Jordan Riley verbals to NU. Nice pickup and gives Nebraska a pretty good haul at a position of need.

WR/DB Ty Hahn agrees to walk on to NU. Hahn isn't your typical walk on as there are many years where he might have gotten an offer.

Okay, final tally from signing day . . .

1) Ath/WR Alante Brown is "N"
2) 3/2 JUCO DE Pheldarius Payne is "N"
3) CB Jaiden Francois is "N"
4) WR Marcus Fleming is "N"

Pretty impressive haul.

Meanwhile JUCO DE/OLB Junior Aho lost his spot in the class and is no longer a commit.

All players are signed except WR Zavier Betts who is working to get his academics in order (which by all accounts is going well) and should sign in February.

Will NU pursue anyone else for the late signing period? Possibly. Some of the late JUCO's could be considered and a HS DE wouldn't be the worst idea. Chances are they will look the field over and might possibly bank the remaining scholarship or two for possible transfers later.

Rivals released the last of their ratings updates. I have updated the Rivals 250 for our commits. No one was added or dropped out. I also added the final JC rankings. We had 3 of the top 50 including 2 in the top 10. Manning finished at #2 and Mauga finished at #8. Remember he wasn't ranked much at all when he verballed to NU. Pretty impressive identification of talent there. Hopefully it pans out big for NU. Nico Cooper was the other JUCO in the top 50 at #41.

I am trying to update all the signings. I have updated the offense but am getting bogged down on the defensive side. Really, for this class we are down to DE Tanoa Togiai and WR Kris Draine.

Top Jr College recruits for 2020. NU has 6:

Latest 2020 commit added to our 2020 recruiting class. Our 2020 recruiting class now ranked #20.
TEN 4-STARS.

1595685340555.png

1595686443464.png

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back