• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 Recruiting Board

ILB Rodney Groce is "N". Good looking prospect from the state of Alabama.

Good to see a visitor from last week verbal to Big Red. There is life after Ohio State. :cool:
There is a silver lining for Nebraska recruiting in the OSU game's clouds: more mature recruits who were there would see and recognize the integrity and high quality of the staff in watching how they interacted with the players during such a painful game. If a player is solely looking to play for a top-notch program that is already championship caliber,... well,... they're not coming to Nebraska anyway. Players who are mature enough to look at the full picture of the college, the program, the atmosphere, the relationships with the coaches, etc., will probably have left that game with a heck of a lot to contemplate that they never thought about before going. Almost anybody who has played the game of football has been on the losing end of a blowout at some point, and while nobody wants that to happen, it will be a striking difference for those kids to see how our staff responded to what was happening and interacted with the players when things were getting ugly. It's normal for a coach who's getting blown out to snap at players for making mistakes and blow up over lesser issues instead of truly taking a team-first approach. I could see on the sideline shots of Frost and other coaches that they were still coaching, which included being encouraging, positive, and leading the players by positive example.

I suspect that there will be one or two jewels in this recruiting class who in the future will point to that game and say that it was how Frost and the staff responded to losing that won them over to come to Nebraska. This is why Frost and his staff will be able to sign talented players that the previous staffs couldn't get to commit.

There is a silver lining for Nebraska recruiting in the OSU game's clouds: more mature recruits who were there would see and recognize the integrity and high quality of the staff in watching how they interacted with the players during such a painful game. If a player is solely looking to play for a top-notch program that is already championship caliber,... well,... they're not coming to Nebraska anyway. Players who are mature enough to look at the full picture of the college, the program, the atmosphere, the relationships with the coaches, etc., will probably have left that game with a heck of a lot to contemplate that they never thought about before going. Almost anybody who has played the game of football has been on the losing end of a blowout at some point, and while nobody wants that to happen, it will be a striking difference for those kids to see how our staff responded to what was happening and interacted with the players when things were getting ugly. It's normal for a coach who's getting blown out to snap at players for making mistakes and blow up over lesser issues instead of truly taking a team-first approach. I could see on the sideline shots of Frost and other coaches that they were still coaching, which included being encouraging, positive, and leading the players by positive example.

I suspect that there will be one or two jewels in this recruiting class who in the future will point to that game and say that it was how Frost and the staff responded to losing that won them over to come to Nebraska. This is why Frost and his staff will be able to sign talented players that the previous staffs couldn't get to commit.
Now back to our regularly scheduled euphoria! Our class is certainly taking shape, I am hopeful we can get a couple of those top guys to flip! That would get me really excited!

Just got back from traveling (boy I love airports :rolleyes:). Anyway . . .

Added CB Robert Delancy from Miami Florida as a verbal. This is one that you circle. Rivals has him as a 2* but the staff really loves him. Check back in a few years and see who's right. Also, see if he doesn't get a bit of a bump in the next ratings updates.

Marquis Black from Georgia becomes the second DT to verbal to NU. Black has some versatility to play anywhere along the DLine.

By the way, remember when Jamar Sekona verbaled to USC? As it turns out, things appear to have worked out fine.

Marquis Black from Georgia becomes the second DT to verbal to NU. Black has some versatility to play anywhere along the DLine.

By the way, remember when Jamar Sekona verbaled to USC? As it turns out, things appear to have worked out fine.

That sounds very promising.

That Black is a replacement to him, mayhaps?

Not many spots left in this class ... looking at 20, right? No counters back to the 2019 class.

1 WR
1 OL
1 DL
1 OLB
1 ILB
1 DB

Is that the most likely needs/wants?
I somehow feel we will take 22 to 23. For example, I don't see us only taking only 1 WR if we can get the two we want. I could also see us adding another LB. But I think you lay it out really well.

The question is . . . how many JUCO's and/or grad transfers next year. I think not taking a JUCO OT this year has turned out to be a mistake although it is unknown if any of the JUCO OTs would have made a difference--but at least it would have given us a chance to roll Farniok inside.

Last edited:

The question is . . . how many JUCO's and/or grad transfers next year. I think not taking a JUCO OT this year has turned out to be a mistake although it is unknown if any of the JUCO OTs would have made a difference--but at least it would have given us a chance to roll Farniok inside.

Yes, there’s a real talent and depth problem on the OL. Even having a Desmond Bland would have at least been another body (albeit on the inside). Is Turner Corcoran able to play as a True Freshman? He’s no doubt a big-time recruit. I know he’s the LT of the future, but how close is that future.

Yes, there’s a real talent and depth problem on the OL. Even having a Desmond Bland would have at least been another body (albeit on the inside). Is Turner Corcoran able to play as a True Freshman? He’s no doubt a big-time recruit. I know he’s the LT of the future, but how close is that future.
Given how putrid the OL play has been, the failure to get help from the JUCO ranks or the transfer portal has really hurt us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back