• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 QB Commit Logan Smothers advances to state finals in 60 meter dash

You tag from the back of a truck? Open field tagging will test your 10 yr and juking ability.

giphy.gif

I loved the video! Although the face was different, the action looked very familiar. I have done roping from the tailgate of a pickup while Dad was driving over terraces. That can be exciting all on its own. But you are correct. Open field tagging should be a required class for all LBs and DBs. If you pass the class, no receiver or running back will ever get by you.

Last edited:
If he gets caught from behind, it is what it is,
If you have quickness, you can probably also do something in the open field to avoid being caught from behind.
This make me think back to Taylor Martinez, his biggest asset in my opinion was getting to top end speed extremely fast. I was always amazed how fast he was in the short distances of 5, 10 and 20 yards. Guys could never seem to get a good angle to tackle him.
When Martinez was young and healthy, I've never seen a quicker burst of straight-ahead speed. Apparently, we weren't the only ones who thought so because there were some sports shows at the time that tried to put numbers to it. I can't find the one I wanted, but here's another:

60 meters isn't run that often by high schoolers, so it is kind of hard to get a feel for how fast that is. So to try and convert this to 100 meters, here is a very imperfect method of conversion.
http://speedendurance.com/2008/01/23/track-conversions-for-50m-60m-200m-300m-400m/

So, using that formula, if we multiply 7.25 times 1.53, we get 11.09 for 100 meters.

he's run an 11.01 before, so you're pretty close. That good of a 60 time means acceleration to me ;)

If you have quickness, you can probably also do something in the open field to avoid being caught from behind.

When Martinez was young and healthy, I've never seen a quicker burst of straight-ahead speed. Apparently, we weren't the only ones who thought so because there were some sports shows at the time that tried to put numbers to it. I can't find the one I wanted, but here's another:

He was blazing.....then he suffered that, I believe, ankle injury and he was never the same. He, IMO, was/is vastly under appreciated.

Last edited:

I was a huge taylor fan boy - that 2010 KSU night game in Manhattan was the absolute tip-top for him. Big time stage - and he was unbelievably explosive that night - had me thinking Heisman

Also the postgame interview gave us two wonderful Schick and nick show drops - "I spat" and "I like playing against road games"

Last edited:

Not getting hit by 1500 lbs. of a protective mama cow is the kind of boring I can live with (literally).

Havent lived till you've done a headfirst dive into a calving hut 6" in front of mama trying to end you

Now that is a description of "applied quickness"! Keeps the adrenaline flowing, doesn't it?
A guy who went to high school with me was being ground into the ground by an upset cow when he tagged her calf. He only survived because he was able to roll on the ground and get under a nearby barbwire fence.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back