• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 QB Commit Logan Smothers advances to state finals in 60 meter dash

Clocks In at the 4.4-4.5 range from the online conversions I read...we literally might have a top 25 ncaa track team on the football field

Is it just me or is the speed we’re recruting at an elite level, much more than anything we’ve recruited In the past ...or am I just drinking koolaid?

Clocks In at the 4.4-4.5 range from the online conversions I read...we literally might have a top 25 ncaa track team on the football field

Is it just me or is the speed we’re recruting at an elite level, much more than anything we’ve recruited In the past ...or am I just drinking koolaid?
The mid 90s was very fast everywhere. Especially on defense. I would SOOO love to see a punt blocker coming off the edge with the speed of Barron Miles. Our WR at the time were small but incredibly fast.

For comparison, at the Nebraska track meet yesterday, Jaron Woodyard ran a 6.87 in the 60m and is sitting in 5th heading into finals. The leader is at 6.64.

A break down of timing methods and how they have been used in the combine for anyone interested.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/3/4/11138598/the-40-clock-at-the-combine-was-off

The 40 timing of the Combine has come a long way. Until 1990, Hand Held (HH) timing was the method used for the 40. This might explain how Bo Jackson ran an unearthly 4.12 at his combine in 1986. HH has been studied to be consistently faster than other methods. In the 90's, a method called Electronic Timing (ET) was initiated, which uses a HH start but a laser-triggered finish, once the player crosses a beam at the 40 yard mark. For the past 5 combines, a method called Fully Automated Timing (FAT) was used, a method which enabled the time to be displayed on-screen for the home audience to see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back