• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 Potential transfers

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Thinking about all our offers out for 2020, and beyond, and the limited number of scholarships, it is inevitable we are going to 'Miss-Out' on a huge number of them, virtually all highly-rated players we'd accept in a heart-beat (not that all that many of 'em would come here in the first place ;))

Having said that, I did read elsewhere a thought/rational for our plethora of offers that I thought might be worth repeating here.

One thing that crossed my mind when thinking about Hoibergs high school recruiting is how much of it is gauged towards the future transfer market?

And what i mean by that is how many of these 2020 kids is he just trying to build a relationship with and get his foot in the door for when they transfer in 2021 or 2022?

I would guess that an ideal number of scholarships to be filling every year is 3 to 5. Which means if we are hitting that 2-3 RS transfer mark most years we are only bringing in a couple high school recruits every year.

To paraphrase someone else, it seems like a smart strategy. Even if you miss out on them out of HS, you've got relationships established for when they decided to transfer a year or two from now.

Sorry, I can't seem to embed the gif :Redface: (click on above link)

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
1/31/20: Another name for us to keep track of: Dontrell Shuler, Charleston Southern > Middle Tenn.
(Brother of Devontae Shuler, rising star at Ole MIss.)

UPDATE: as of 4/2/20 no change in status for Dontrell Shuler. He does not appear to have committed anywhere yet.

Last edited:
>>> Kobe King is 'N' Not Coming to Nebraska :confused:

Another Very Interesting Name: Kobe King, recently of Wisconsin! o_O

Last edited:
Here's Another to keep an eye on: Ed Croswell from La Salle

EDIT: Committed to Providence!

Last edited:

>>> Kobe Webster is 'N'

Another to keep an eye on: Kobe Webster, 6'0" Guard who can shoot (Grad Transfer)

Last edited:
Another potential transfer to keep an eye on.

Erik Stevenson from Wichita State.
(EDIT: apparently Huskers not included in his top 5 list)

are

Last edited:

Another potential transfer to keep an eye on: Quinnipiac Grad Transfer Kevin Marfo, leading rebounder in the country (13rpg).

EDIT: Huskers not in his top Five!
> Committed to to Texas A&M!

Last edited:

Another potential transfer to keep an eye on: Va Tech Landers Nolley II, sit one to play three.

EDIT: Huskers did not make the cut on his list!

Last edited:
And another Huskers have reached out to: Trey McGowens, 6-0, SG, Pitt Is 'N'

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back