• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 MLB

Twins 11 wins 2 losses.

Just the opposite last year ..... 2019 Twinkies smashed through the single-season team home run record. Now very few HR's, only 1 or 2 per game. But no-name pitchers, both SP and RP, kick ass despite four pitchers 10-game IL. I believe the best ERA in AL.

Kauffman used to be unique and one-of-a-kind stadium. But not anymore. Before crappy renovate, no seats beyond outfield fence, wide open & large fountains, perfect scoreboard size and zero ad signs. Almost worse than makeshift Memorial.

Though I love real grass. Used to be carpet.
The renovations to Kauffman have made it a very nice stadium for it's age, and it usually cracks top ten lists for best ballparks in the MLB.

Curious what you guys think about awards won from this season? Are they as legitimate as a 162 game season? Does the MVP, Cy Young, World Series winner etc have an asterisk next to it?

Curious what you guys think about awards won from this season? Are they as legitimate as a 162 game season? Does the MVP, Cy Young, World Series winner etc have an asterisk next to it?
Yes, because of the strange circumstances. I have watched several games, other than all of the injurys I have been pleased. Padres have some studs.

Yes, because of the strange circumstances. I have watched several games, other than all of the injurys I have been pleased. Padres have some studs.
Yeah Padres are absolutely crushing. I can't decide if there are asterisks next to awards/trophies this year because of all the craziness, or if the awards/trophies are even more prestigious this year because of all the craziness.

Braves continue to win despite everyone and their sister being hurt.

IMO if it's an official season then every award is legitimate. The only asterisks would be for something like a .400 BA.

Kauffman used to be unique and one-of-a-kind stadium. But not anymore. Before crappy renovate, no seats beyond outfield fence, wide open & large fountains, perfect scoreboard size and zero ad signs. Almost worse than makeshift Memorial.

Though I love real grass. Used to be carpet.
The renovations to Kauffman have made it a very nice stadium for it's age, and it usually cracks top ten lists for best ballparks in the MLB.

11. KAUFFMAN STADIUM, Kansas City
Opened: 1973 Capacity: 37,903 Comment: Perhaps the most under-appreciated ballpark in the majors, Kauffman Stadium is an anomaly. Built in the early ’70s when so many cookie-cutter, multi-purpose stadiums opened, it is a baseball-only ballpark that has stood the test of time quite well. The Royals did some renovations a few years ago, including the removal of some of the famed fountains beyond the outfield fence (I wish they kept them all), but the place didn’t need a whole lot of work. It may be 41 years old
This author and me totally agreed. Lifetime MLB fan here (especially AL). Before renovate, Royals Stadium was constantly Top3 best ballpark.
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/ranking-all-30-mlb-ballparks#slide-26

Changed surface ..... :thumbsup: (from fake to real grass)​
Renovate ..... :Thumbsdown:
My Twins stadium (#6) .... https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/nationals/ranking-all-30-mlb-ballparks#slide-32

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back