• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 MLB

Joe Kelly getting suspended solidifies my absolute disdain for Manfred. The Trashtros cheating should have been dealt with more severely and if MLB doesn't have the balls to do it they should at least have the balls to not step in while the players police themselves.

Joe Kelly getting suspended solidifies my absolute disdain for Manfred. The Trashtros cheating should have been dealt with more severely and if MLB doesn't have the balls to do it they should at least have the balls to not step in while the players police themselves.
I'll preface this by saying: 1. I've always liked Joe Kelly. He's got great stuff. 2. Baseball missed its chance to drop the hammer.

However, I think it's pretty ball-less to hunt heads and act tough when you know you're not going to have an AB.

I'll preface this by saying: 1. I've always liked Joe Kelly. He's got great stuff. 2. Baseball missed its chance to drop the hammer.

However, I think it's pretty ball-less to hunt heads and act tough when you know you're not going to have an AB.
Yeah fair point but, his guys are obviously gonna have AB's. I have no sympathy for them, "somebody threw close to you because you were quite literally not punished for cheating" meh. I dont want to see anyone break their jaw or lose sight or worse, but there should be baseball sized bruises on ribcages for the rest of the season.

I know some astros fans that still dont think they cheated
Live video camera in center field to film the opposing catcher/pitcher signs. Next, Astros team staffers watching the live camera feed tunnel (behind the dugout) would then signal to their batter what kind of pitch was coming. This final relay, banging trash cans or advance method, wearing buzzers placed on player's body .......... usually fake bandaid. Sneaky !

Last edited:
Live video camera in center field to film the opposing catcher/pitcher signs. Next, Astros team staffers watching the live camera feed tunnel (behind the dugout) would then signal to their batter what kind of pitch was coming. This final relay, banging trash cans or advance method, wearing buzzers placed on player's body .......... usually fake bandaid. Sneaky !

You don't have to try to convince me, I think they are dirty Texasing cheaters. Just saying I know guys who think what they did is fine

The team may struggle until the new pitchers come up and hopefully hit their stride in the next couple of years. They are not going anywhere unless they eventually decide to move to a downtown ballpark...in Kansas City. :thumbsup:
On any given night, about 25-40% of the fans at Kauffman Stadium are from out of town. It would be insane to move them to a downtown location. The parking at the sports complex containing Arrowhead and The K and the location near the intersection of two freeways are the most valuable assets both teams have.

I live in Atlanta, now that they have moved the Braves out to the northwest suburbs, away from mass transit, the parking situation is nuts, especially for mid-week day games where the parking garages are full of vehicles of those who work in the office buildings around the ballpark.

Also, watching the ballgames this year, I have noticed they are moving a little quicker because there seems to be less preening for the fans. It's get up to the plate and hit, rather than saunter in, adjust the helmet, adjust the gloves, spit a couple of times, adjust the gloves again, and then back out when the pitcher takes too much time to get the sign.

My Twins 3 (7-2), Cleveland Indians 0 (5-4). Amazing, 2 shutouts in a row. o_O

3 runs, 3 HR's. Once again, 9 starting players, all Babe Ruth type.

On any given night, about 25-40% of the fans at Kauffman Stadium are from out of town. It would be insane to move them to a downtown location. The parking at the sports complex containing Arrowhead and The K and the location near the intersection of two freeways are the most valuable assets both teams have.

I live in Atlanta, now that they have moved the Braves out to the northwest suburbs, away from mass transit, the parking situation is nuts, especially for mid-week day games where the parking garages are full of vehicles of those who work in the office buildings around the ballpark.
I agree that those are the best things about having Arrowhead and Kauffman where they are located, easy access and more than adequate parking. Unfortunately the area around the stadiums isn't very nice, nor is there much of a chance of improving it. Building a baseball stadium downtown would be nice for proximity to bars and restaurants, but you would lose out on parking and tailgating space, and tailgating is what makes Royals game so much fun.

If they were to move the stadium the more logical choice would be to put it at the Legends in Kansas near the speedway, which would allow access to I-435, ample parking, and close proximity to bars and restaurants. It seems like the Royals threaten to move, but it's just a ploy to keep getting tax breaks from Jackson County.

The Braves are in first by a wide margin, but the rest of the NL East hasn't played as many games. The front end of the rotation looks as rock solid as advertised. Soroka looks destined to win a Cy Young and Fried is throwing his hat into that same lofty air. Unfortunately, the back end of the rotation looks real shaky. They aren't giving up many runs, but they are turning games over to the bullpen in the 4th or 5th. That bullpen has been absolutely bullet proof up to this point. The Bravos have also produced really good offense, without too much production from their top guys.

For a team that prides itself on world class pitching, and the bedrock of their rebuild has been stockpiling young high upside arms they are actually hurting for solid starters right now. That being said I think they are set up for sustained success as they have a ton of youth, locked down for a long time and more prospects knocking on the door in the minors.

Now it would really be a true Braves run if they managed to turn that all into one World Series.

I agree that those are the best things about having Arrowhead and Kauffman where they are located, easy access and more than adequate parking. Unfortunately the area around the stadiums isn't very nice, nor is there much of a chance of improving it. Building a baseball stadium downtown would be nice for proximity to bars and restaurants, but you would lose out on parking and tailgating space, and tailgating is what makes Royals game so much fun.

If they were to move the stadium the more logical choice would be to put it at the Legends in Kansas near the speedway, which would allow access to I-435, ample parking, and close proximity to bars and restaurants. It seems like the Royals threaten to move, but it's just a ploy to keep getting tax breaks from Jackson County.

I can live with Sporting KC moving to Kansas, but I don't know if I could handle the Royals crossing over the state line. That just wouldn't seem right.

A downtown stadium in KC would be cool, but downtown KC isn't designed for a stadium. It's a nice dream for people who want to make downtown KC more of a destination, but without proper and modern public transportation anywhere in the city, it should remain a dream. Also, let's be honest, if the Royals organization was serious about giving fans entertainment and dining options around the stadium, they would have found a way to do that around the Truman Sports Complex already. If my math is correct, the area of Lot A (east of the 1st base line) is roughly 17 acres. The P&L District downtown (from 13th to Truman/Baltimore to Grand) is roughly the same size of land.

Kauffman used to be unique and one-of-a-kind stadium. But not anymore. Before crappy renovate, no seats beyond outfield fence, wide open & large fountains, perfect scoreboard size and zero ad signs. Almost worse than makeshift Memorial.

Though I love real grass. Used to be carpet.

I've only been to one game at Arrowhead, but I was stuck in the parking lot after the game for like an hour and a half, and it would have been at least two and a half had we not snuck out of line and followed some people that looked like they knew what they were doing.

Maybe I'm an idiot, or maybe that's an unfair example of what Arrowhead has to offer, but that turned me off the Truman.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back