• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 G, Donovan Williams, Lincoln North Star - 'N' Decommit > To Okla St > UoP

I wouldn't think so either. I mean, Teddy Allen hasn't been anywhere for more than a year so he's not a threat IMO but I can't tell a kid how to feel.

I will tell you Freddy H was pissed he didn't sign during early signing period. Wonder if he just said screw it and went and got Allen to replace him?
I wouldn’t be surprised. On another note, I’m chatting with a friend who has a ton of experience with D1 talent, and he’s not of the opinion the guy can be impactful at the P5 level. I haven’t seen Williams enough to have an opinion, just sharing one from someone I trust.

I wouldn’t be surprised. On another note, I’m chatting with a friend who has a ton of experience with D1 talent, and he’s not of the opinion the guy can be impactful at the P5 level. I haven’t seen Williams enough to have an opinion, just sharing one from someone I trust.
I was wondering if maybe Donovan and Teddy know each other... and don't like each other. Teddy's rep is that he has a bad temper - wouldn't be hard to scare people off. Donovan may develop to be as good a D1 player as Teddy has already been... I was thinking that it would be good for Donovan to not have the pressure that will be on Teddy. They are the same sort of player, but UNL has 2 of those guys starting now, and might have up to three starting if they were good enough.

I hope this comes back around. I don't think Fred will promise anything to Donovan, so it might be done. I really hope Donovan doesn't go to Wisconsin. Ugh.

I was wondering if maybe Donovan and Teddy know each other... and don't like each other. Teddy's rep is that he has a bad temper - wouldn't be hard to scare people off. Donovan may develop to be as good a D1 player as Teddy has already been... I was thinking that it would be good for Donovan to not have the pressure that will be on Teddy. They are the same sort of player, but UNL has 2 of those guys starting now, and might have up to three starting if they were good enough.

I hope this comes back around. I don't think Fred will promise anything to Donovan, so it might be done. I really hope Donovan doesn't go to Wisconsin. Ugh.

Guys who go to Wiscy are likely not a fit for Nebraska. The styles are miles apart, so if Donovan goes and does well, then he's probably doing the right thing. Again, I've only seen glimpses of Donovan, but the guys I trust for their basketball savvy say he's probably only a role player for most P5s, and would likely be a really good player for an SDSU or the like.

Oh, and that temper thing, I'm betting that Fred has made it clear, the first time he has some tantrum will be the last.

I wondered this myself if Williams didnt want to play with Allen. Maybe there is history there

Apparently not. Donovan was asked about that on a radio interview and said he has never met him or talked to him.

We seem to be in a pretty good spot with the kid. Big, strong guard.
Took my grandson to a BB camp this afternoon and Williams was helping out. Before the camp, he and several players were engaged in some pick up hoops action. Williams is a physical specimen to say the least, big and strong. And, he can jump out of the gym. Shoots the three pointer very well. Handles the ball and is extremely quick. Haven't seen a high schooler like him for a while in Nebraska high school ranks. Don't know why he wants to go somewhere else. Must have to do with the coaches or others on the NU team. Looks to me like he would be a real asset.

Last edited:
Took my grandson to a BB camp this afternoon and Williams was helping out. Before the camp, he and several players were engaged in some pick up hoops action. Williams is a physical specimen to say the least, big and strong. And, he can jump out of the gym. Shoots the three pointer very well. Handles the ball and is extremely quick. Haven't seen a high schooler like him for a while in Nebraska high school ranks. Don't know why he wants to go somewhere else. Must have to do with the coaches or others on the NU team. Looks to me like he would be a real asset.
He sees what’s in front of him, and there are several that play a similar position. His comment that he doesn’t want to wait a couple of years suggests he’s not confident he could win the minutes.

If Donovan wants to "play with the best" I'm confused as to why he committed to OKState. 18-14 this past season and not a major force in the big12 on a regular basis. I read KU had reached out to him, but when I look at the recruits they have now I suspect Donovan wasn't a solid interest for KU, more likely someone to talk to and learn about but not truly high on their list.

I guess I wish him luck. I think he will probably do well there, but I would be surprised if he becomes all-conference. I'm afraid that he and HCFH are too bull-headed to really get along. I also feel like Donovan is going to have a wake up call after he doesn't get a lot of playing time his first year.

But I do wish him well, and I guess I will hate OK State a little less while he is there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back