• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 F D'Andre Davis - N (Decommitted) > Louisville

Well, We didn't want 'em, anyway! :Stickouttongue:. (Just kidding, Loss hurts. :( Maybe inevitable since he had a huge summer, is from Indiana, and was recruited by Michael Lewis (now at UCLA).

Was this decommitment his decision?

Jikastew may be on to something!

Read elsewhere some were wondering if it was a coincidence we watched a player last week at a position of need, but we had no room for; then this week we have a decommitment at a position where we have some depth, opening up a slot.

Last edited:

Seems shortsighted if Nebraska let him go. Nebraska was in early on D'Andre and his brother - guess there's no guarantee they would have made it to campus.

Jikastew may be on to something!

Read elsewhere some were wondering if it was a coincidence we watched a player last week at a position of need, but we had no room for; then this week we have a decommitment at a position where we have some depth, opening up a slot.

I can't imagine we told Davis to move on. Purdue is conducting an in-home visit with him this week. He also has a Louisville offer. We all of a sudden don't think he's good enough to play for Nebraska, but he's good enough for a much better Purdue/Louisville? The Big 10 allows basketball teams to oversign by one each year, similar to football's plus 3. Every year we have people transfer out, we would of had room for both Davis and Mading after the transfer carousel ends.

Davis is a top 150 player..

I can't imagine we told Davis to move on. Purdue is conducting an in-home visit with him this week. He also has a Louisville offer. We all of a sudden don't think he's good enough to play for Nebraska, but he's good enough for a much better Purdue/Louisville? The Big 10 allows basketball teams to oversign by one each year, similar to football's plus 3. Every year we have people transfer out, we would of had room for both Davis and Mading after the transfer carousel ends.

Davis is a top 150 player..
Maybe they knew the decommit was coming and extended a new offer. Either way, it's probably not a coincidence.

Now to Nebraska, which lost four-star D’Andre Davis. This one isn’t quite as big of a surprise other than it not happening sooner. Davis, who is from Indiana, had committed a year ago while Tim Miles was the coach. A slashing, athletic player, his style of play may not have been the greatest of fits for new coach Fred Hoiberg. With Hoiberg facing a scholarship crunch while trying to rebuild Nebraska in his style, this is probably a case where there aren’t hard feelings on either side. The Huskers get a scholarship and now Davis can go and find a better fit and commit to a coach who actually recruited him.

I think it was probably a mutual split. Davis is a good player, but probably a better fit offensively for Miles than Hoiberg. Really good athlete though. Bet it doesn’t take long for this staff to replace him.

Mading is intriguing. We need help inside and check out the video, that seems to be a really good fit for what Hoiberg wants to do at the 5.

That's funny that it came from Rivals. Robin Washut had something in May (the tweet is posted earlier in the thread) about Davis being a good fit for Hoiberg's offense. I'm sure it's all propaganda both ways. Oh well, I'm excited for the future of Nebraska basketball with or without Davis.
Would rather not have him in the B1G if he isn't playing for Nebraska. I'm pretty sure both sides will succeed going forward however.

That's funny that it came from Rivals. Robin Washut had something in May (the tweet is posted earlier in the thread) about Davis being a good fit for Hoiberg's offense. I'm sure it's all propaganda both ways. Oh well, I'm excited for the future of Nebraska basketball with or without Davis.
He can run for a big guy, so he isn’t a horrible fit. I’m just guessing that the hope is we can find a 5 that can still pop a 3 trailing on the break.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back