• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 Deer Season

Anybody have any luck yet? Or interesting trail cam pics? Heck, even a good story of a near miss or something.

I only have a doe tag this fall so am not getting too worked up like most years. Any posts are welcome. Need something constructive for once.

I live down in southeast nebraska and brother-in-law had an nice sized bull elk on his trail cam!

rifle season starts tomorrow in nebraska, so I will be out this week.

Last edited:

I live down in southeast nebraska and brother-in-law had an nice sized bull elk on his trail cam!

rifle season starts tomorrow in nebraska, so I will be out this week.
I am going to check trail cams on Sunday. See what surprises await. Guessing a coyote or two as I saw tracks near one location when I set them out a few weeks back. Will keep you posted.

20201113_183601.jpg

My son is a little pissed off right now, he was going to go for the first time with his Grandfather and uncle, but mom got covid, and he is in quarantine. Grandfather has diabetes, and didn't want to chance it.

Checked trail cameras yesterday. A lot of pics, so that is encouraging. Bucks are a year or so away yet but look promising. Good thing I just have a doe tag this year.

Only bad thing is that I need to invest in some more cameras. I have two Brownings and two Muddys. Between the brownings I had almost 1800 pictures total. The Muddys barely had 100 total. This was in a two week window. Going to have to bite the bullet and spend some money.

Anyone else had bad luck with any brands of cameras?

Checked trail cameras yesterday. A lot of pics, so that is encouraging. Bucks are a year or so away yet but look promising. Good thing I just have a doe tag this year.

Only bad thing is that I need to invest in some more cameras. I have two Brownings and two Muddys. Between the brownings I had almost 1800 pictures total. The Muddys barely had 100 total. This was in a two week window. Going to have to bite the bullet and spend some money.

Anyone else had bad luck with any brands of cameras?
I'd like some advice in that area also. Maybe we should start a new thread on trail cams. I just have Stealth Cams and they seem to miss a lot of shots. I should probably play around with the delay a bit, but I've actually seen deer walk by one of the cameras, and didn't get any pix.

I'd like some advice in that area also. Maybe we should start a new thread on trail cams. I just have Stealth Cams and they seem to miss a lot of shots. I should probably play around with the delay a bit, but I've actually seen deer walk by one of the cameras, and didn't get any pix.
I bought 2 more Brownings off Midway USA and am going to put them out tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

I have a mixed bag of cameras because I usually go for the highest rated version that happens to be on sale. I bought a Browning a couple months ago and I've been very happy with it. Easy to run and takes nice, sharp pictures. I know it picks up movement at least some of the time from a pretty good distance (30 yards) because it got me heading to my tree.

I own two Moultrie cameras I've had for probably ten years. They were originally the same model, but one leaked water, so I called the number on the box and spoke with the nicest lady with an incredible southern accent. It took just a few minutes and I had a brand new replacement heading my way. I was really happy when the replacement turned out to be a far better model than what I originally bought. They worked great for years, but they don't seem to be working as well anymore. The display on one is difficult to read and I don't think it picks up the deer as well as it used to. The picture quality on the other is fading. But, I have no complaints about the Moultries - I definitely feel like I've gotten my money's worth. My favorite camera was also a Moultrie, but a battery leaked, causing the end of the that one.

I have one Stealth camera that works well enough. It's sitting in a spot where deer walk within 10 yards because I think it was missing a lot of pictures. I had it in a tree line trying to get shots of some coyotes and it came up empty a lot while other cameras were catching them. Maybe it's just not as sensitive as some others.

I also own a Bushnell that I've had for about a dozen years. It's really basic and the picture quality isn't what the other cameras are, but it still works and it doesn't eat up a lot of battery.

Last edited:
After putting out these two cameras today I now have four Brownings in the field. Full batteries in them and a little enticement in front of them. OK, so maybe I put some corn out directly in front of each. Will see what kind of pictures I get by next week.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back