• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

2020 Deer Season

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Mobutu Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga of H-Max
2 Year Member
I remember many times as a kid sitting and waiting for hours/days for one to get close.
This is out my back basement door. They are everywhere here. Way over populated.

View attachment 57729
Suburban deer are almost a different species as far as behaviors. They know you can't shoot them, and they can reproduce like rabbits.

Does your area allow suburban archery?

Redleg

Recruit
5 Year Member
Some good deer to be had thru urban archery. They are used to level of human scent and not quite as jumpy at every little sound. I did it years ago in Leavenworth, KS and I believe they ran it as "earn a buck", although I didn't get a chance at any bucks anyway.
You had to take a 25 question test on the ordinance and do a 25yd proficiency test.

jikastew

15 Year Member
As far as Seals not shooting at distance while hunting is laughable. Just saying this from personal experience. Although it depends on the location, terrain and cover.
You are probably correct. I suppose I haven't hunted up north or out west with military guys in open areas, now that I think about it.