• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 4* OT Reece Attebery

This is a battle that will be a measuring stick to see how we our recruiting is stacking up against top tier teams..... IF we would happen to win against OSU in October it could be a turning point and help propel us into an excellent position for this kid. These will be the types of situations we need to win to regain top tier status.
This is my thoughts exactly. Not only OSU but this year as a whole. I think SF and company had a great first recruiting year in such a short period but might not have gotten as much as they could have last year because of the 4-8. Don't misinterpret that as me saying the 2019 class wasn't good. I just think a great run this year will really help put the Nebraska name higher on the "interest" list.

I behave pathetically in front of an audience when my team tanks. Likewise I behave pathetically in front of an audience when my team pulls out the miracle. Either way, I turn into the Tasmanian Devil when I watch my team play, and it's all way too animated and all way too embarrassing.
I have one story of acting pathetically in a miracle. 2008 Puffs game. I was sitting in the VFW in North Platte. This 5'2" 105 lb Colorado fan is sitting at the bar talking trash the whole game. Not just talking trash but making a big spectacle of it. Then Alex kicks the FG and He calms down a bit but says something like, "Well you guys may be ahead now but we still have time and your D can't stop squat." Inside I got a little angrier, but still maintained. Then when Suh gets the interception and trucks the Puff QB. I jumped up ran over to the bar 6" from his face and screamed "What the **** do you have to say now punk ***?" Dude was literally cowering as I kept yelling "Huh?' over and over until my brother. (who was the commander of that post at the time) Came over and pulled me away. I am pretty firey but that was the one time I really wanted to punch a guy in the face over sports. Dude did not shut up the whole game.

My actions were not justified but he really got under my skin.

I have one story of acting pathetically in a miracle. 2008 Puffs game. I was sitting in the VFW in North Platte. This 5'2" 105 lb Colorado fan is sitting at the bar talking trash the whole game. Not just talking trash but making a big spectacle of it. Then Alex kicks the FG and He calms down a bit but says something like, "Well you guys may be ahead now but we still have time and your D can't stop squat." Inside I got a little angrier, but still maintained. Then when Suh gets the interception and trucks the Puff QB. I jumped up ran over to the bar 6" from his face and screamed "What the **** do you have to say now punk ***?" Dude was literally cowering as I kept yelling "Huh?' over and over until my brother. (who was the commander of that post at the time) Came over and pulled me away. I am pretty firey but that was the one time I really wanted to punch a guy in the face over sports. Dude did not shut up the whole game.

My actions were not justified but he really got under my skin.

You can only handle so much then a good.throat punch is warranted. Not that I would condone such an action but I certainly understand it.

Hail Varsity Article link...
One of Matt McChesney’s challenges as owner and head coach at Six Zero Strength & Fitness is getting linemen to let loose.

“You just have to dig it out because everybody has been told, ‘If you’re big, be nice,’” says McChesney, who played six years in the NFL on both sides of the ball. “I’m not telling them to be bullies, but I’m also not telling them to be somebody that they’re not.

“When these kids walk in, they need a place where they can go be a savage and that’s what we provide. I’m not going to lie, that’s what we’re doing. Football is a violent, savage game.”

Some kids take to the environment quicker than others and 2020 Colorado offensive lineman Reece Atteberry‍ is certainly one of them. McChesney says the 6-foot-5, 280-pounder “is about as good as they get.”

“He has some things to fix like every kid does, but [success comes] when you have a 4.0 and you’re built like he is and you’re just a nasty prick naturally and you love sports and competing,” says McChesney. “He’s one of these kids who has just taken to it like a fish to water.”

Atteberry has blossomed into one of the nation’s top offensive line targets with offers from schools like Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Iowa, Duke, USC, Oregon and Colorado among several others.

I know he was really high on Ohio State, Notre Dame and Nebraska (IMPO his top 3). The Buckeyes o-line class is full, so they're out. Michigan and Duke are also in his top group, but I think Nebraska is looking really good right now. Corcoran, Conn and Atteberry would be A VERY impressive trio. They'll probably take four linemen in this class. I'd keep an eye on how Atteberry's recruitment goes. This staff does a lot behind the scenes, out of the public eye. Four-star, versatile talent from a border state. He's an important target for Austin, I assure you.

I know he was really high on Ohio State, Notre Dame and Nebraska (IMPO his top 3). The Buckeyes o-line class is full, so they're out. Michigan and Duke are also in his top group, but I think Nebraska is looking really good right now. Corcoran, Conn and Atteberry would be A VERY impressive trio. They'll probably take four linemen in this class. I'd keep an eye on how Atteberry's recruitment goes. This staff does a lot behind the scenes, out of the public eye. Four-star, versatile talent from a border state. He's an important target for Austin, I assure you.
The bolded is so true. He has been another o-line target that I thought this staff would reel in.

Who do you think is the better OL prospect from Colorado... Atteberry or the guy from Cherry Creek we were after who committed to CU?

Who do you think is the better OL prospect from Colorado... Atteberry or the guy from Cherry Creek we were after who committed to CU?
Rosengarten is very highly ranked. 113 on 247. Committed to Washington, I was hoping to get all 4 if you include Alex Conn. But Corcoran, Atteberry and Conn would be outstanding!

He was referring to Carson Lee
[/QUO
Yes, Lee is who I was thinking of... thanks. I had forgotten about Rosengaryen
He was referring to Carson Lee
Yes, Carson Lee is who I was thinking of... thanks.

I had forgotten about Rosengarten... so there are at least three highly-regarded 2020 OL recruits from the state of Colorado.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back