• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020/21 Husker MBB Schedule (Work-in-Progress) Opener 11/25 vs McNeese St @ PBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
I thought I'd start a new thread updating what we know about the MBB Schedule so far, to be updated as new information becomes known (so everyone doesn't have to visit numerous threads to find out the latest :Redface: )

As far as is known now, NCAA MBB will start Wednesday, Nov 25th 2020. (Not sure about Huskers 1st game, date or opponent).

It looks like Huskers will host a Bubble in Lincoln (@ PBA?) during the first week of the season! Teams TBA!
(A NebrasketBubble? :Bow:)

Also, the annual ACC/B1G Challenge seems to be going ahead & to be played on respective campuses. Match-ups TBA!

Schedule is Not populated to-date:
index.php
(Correction: B1G/ACC vs GA Tech now on schedule)

1604426705827.png

Last edited:

:Cool: Cool Move for Nebraska. Hat Tip to Bill Moos! :thumbsup:

The teams involved, according to a source, would largely involve Midwestern teams, including power-conference squads and mid-major programs. NU is looking at teams from the Big 12, SEC, Missouri Valley, Summit League and Conference USA, among other leagues.
UNO is one of the teams that may participate. Creighton remains on track for playing in the Battle 4 Atlantis, a tournament originally scheduled for the Bahamas that has now been moved to Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

No recent news on the tournament in Lincoln. I saw this elsewhere which may be the reason for the hold-up:

Maryland hoops announcer Johnny Holliday was on 93.7 last week & said he is under the impression from the MD point of view that the B1G is still unsure whether it will allow non-con games, other than, it appears, the ACC challenge, so everyone is in limbo regarding non-con games until something is decided at a league level. Hope we don't miss our window to host something because of continued indecisiveness.

In any event K-State, Colo, Drake and SDSU are out of the picture as K-State is hosting a tournament in Manhattan, KS.

Thanks for the thread RD. Any idea when the BIG will make decisions and announcements about the season and schedule?

Last edited:

Thanks for the thread RD. Any idea when the BIG will make decisions and announcements about the season and schedule?
I’m just guessing, but I sincerely doubt they approve this tournament. It’s an awesome potential lineup, and would be a fantastic way to get this new group ready to face the season, but I think the B1G will point to the mixing of so many groups from all over the country, with several having substantial travel. It drives me crazy to actually think like this, but it would kind of go against the messaging they have been conveying.

Last edited:

Looks like there are a couple of questions in your query: :thumbsup:

1) Will the B1G allow Nebraska to participate in the pre-season tournament :Confused:

2) The B1G/ACC Challenge (looks like its on :Mfclap:)
and
3) B1G Conference Games & Schedule (looks like its also on :Bow:)

Anyway, it's anybody's guess. We all saw what happened regarding Fall football. :Redface:

Seems like the best way to stay current (other than this thread ;)) is to follow Robin Washut & Jon Rothstein on twitter (that's where I get my info).

I’m just guessing, but I sincerely doubt they approve this tournament. It’s an awesome potential lineup, and would be a fantastic way to get this new group ready to face the season, but I think the B1G will point to the mixing of so many groups from all over the country, with several having substantial travel. It drives me crazy to actually think like this, but it would kind of go against the messaging they been conveying.
Thanks. I hope your guess is wrong but I would guess the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back