• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020-2021 Season Wild Speculation

HuSkaBob

Husker Geek
10 Year Member
Everything is pretty real and scary right now, so I think Nebrasketball is the cure. It is way to early to even know what the roster may look like next year, but I'm still going to go ahead and start guessing.

Roster (positions are very fluid, I think Hoiberg likes positionless BBall):

PG: Cam Mack, Kobe King, Delano Banton
SG: Teddy Allen, Jervay Green, Keisei Tominaga, Charlie Easley
SF: Shamiel Stevenson, Thorir Thorbjarnarson
PF: Kevin Cross, Lat Mayen, Akol Arop
C: Yvan Ouedraogo, Derrick Walker

I am guessing that Dachon Burke is gone for good, and that Cam Mack will find out that he's not close to getting drafted and return to Nebraska with a plan. So many of these are guesses - I deliberately made the starting lineup bigger, but I'm thinking that maybe I should list Point Guards, Wings, and Centers as the positions.

I didn't add Jace Piatkowski or Bret Porter, who I believe will be back next year. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Noah Vedral doesn't pick up a RS season for basketball, making him eligible for next year if he's interested in sitting on the bench.

I am guessing that Dachon Burke is gone for good, and that Cam Mack will find out that he's not close to getting drafted and return to Nebraska with a plan. So many of these are guesses - I deliberately made the starting lineup bigger, but I'm thinking that maybe I should list Point Guards, Wings, and Centers as the positions.

I didn't add Jace Piatkowski or Bret Porter, who I believe will be back next year. Also I wouldn't be surprised if Noah Vedral doesn't pick up a RS season for basketball, making him eligible for next year if he's interested in sitting on the bench.

2021 player.

I'm interested to see how this roster changes over the spring and summer. I'm not going to be surprised if we lose 3 or 4 from the group you list. If I were throwing out names of possibilities, I’d probably guess:

-Mack (for the obvious)
-Green (who had assimilation and production problems)
- Akol (who might feel he’s not a B1G player)
-Easley (better suited for a lower conference)
-Cross (I’m not sure he and Fred are connecting).

When a team is cobbled together, it’s harder to really create the depth of relationships one would hope. It’s really on the assistants to make the connection as close as possible. It’s going to be a fun ride the next few years, my friends, but I do like Fred as an organizer and teacher.

Last edited:

I'm interested to see how this roster changes over the spring and summer. I'm not going to be surprised if we lose 3 or 4 from the group you list. If I were throwing out names of possibilities, I’d probably guess:

-Mack (for the obvious)
-Green (who had assimilation and production problems)
- Akol (who might feel he’s not a B1G player)
-Easley (better suited for a lower conference)
-Cross (I’m not sure he and Fred are connecting).

When a team is cobbled together, it’s harder to really create the depth of relationships one would hope. It’s really on the assistants to make the connection as close as possible. It’s going to be a fun ride the next few years, my friends, but I do like Fred as an organizer and teacher.
Mack - who knows, but I think he will want to play at Nebraska after he gets told he's not getting drafted in a 2 round draft.
Green - Definitely had problems, but where else is he going to work through them? If he sticks, he's going to have proved to the coaches that he's a team player attitude-wise.
Arop - yeah, I'd like to see him work on his game, but I think he might go somewhere to get more PT.
Easley - who knows, he is going to get time playing next year if anyone's hurt
Cross - I think the coaches really like his game. I don't know if he wants to play 4, and I don't know if he's fast enough to play 3

EDIT: Green enters the transfer portal!

Last edited:
I'll play. I see them going with four guards most of the time depending on who they need to guard on defense. Guard is definitively where their talent is concentrated. Yvan needs to work on inside offense and free throws or he may get beat out.

1: Kobe Webster, Kobe King
2: Teddy Allen, Thorir Thorbjarnarson
3: Delano Banton, Shamiel Stevenson
3A: Kobe King Thorir Thorbjarnarson OR 4. Kevin Cross, Lat Mayen,
5: Derrick Walker, Yvan Ouedraogo

I'll play. I see them going with four guards most of the time depending on who they need to guard on defense. Guard is definitively where their talent is concentrated. Yvan needs to work on inside offense and free throws or he may get beat out.

1: Kobe Webster, Kobe King
2: Teddy Allen, Thorir Thorbjarnarson
3: Delano Banton, Shamiel Stevenson
3A: Kobe King Thorir Thorbjarnarson OR 4. Kevin Cross, Lat Mayen,
5: Derrick Walker, Yvan Ouedraogo

In college basketball, things change so frequently. If we can get this thing going though, we have a better chance to keep this core together. Good players stick around if they are winning basketball games.

Imagine rolling this starting lineup out there in 2 years.

McGowans
Banton
Allen
King
Stevenson

Oh...you will score points on us. We will score more though. Of course this is NU hoops we are talking about, we will mess it up somehow. On paper though, that’s a scary lineup.

Now go get Adama Sanogo and make it even better.

Trey McGowans (Jr)
Teddy Allen (Jr)Teddy Allen (Sr)
Dalano Banton (So)Dalano Banton (Jr)
Shamiel Stevenson (Jr)Shamiel Stevenson (Sr)
Yvan Ouedraogo (So)Yvan Ouedraogo (Jr)
Derrick Walker (Jr)Derrick Walker (Sr)
Lat Mayen (Jr)Kobe King (Jr)
Kevin Cross (So)Lat Mayen (Sr)
Thor Thorbjarnarsson (Sr)Kevin Cross (Jr)
Akol Arop (So)Akol Arop (Jr)
Kobe King (RS)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back