• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020-2021 Alabama the best team ever?

When DONU won NCs we celebrated with family and friends, appears someone here must not have those options, so instead is trying to find a way to tear down another program, it's kind of sad really, Pal.

They are really good. But if we had 80% of our roster made up of 4 and 5 star players (which Alabama has) we'd be good too. They even have 20% of the 5 star players in the country. We'd die for one. They get 4 and 5 star players by the gross.

When DONU won NCs we celebrated with family and friends, appears someone here must not have those options, so instead is trying to find a way to tear down another program, it's kind of sad really, Pal.

We did have a primarily humble and polite fan base. When we were winning.

One of my CU buddies in Colorado told me years before 'The Fall' that it's easy to be a polite fan base when you're kicking the dog crap out of everyone but OU every single year. He would get so butt hurt when NU would beat CU and gloated like a mother if/when they won. I was always really even keel and it pissed him off.

I thought it was just sour grapes, but turns out a lot of our fans are crappy when we lose.

Who'd a thunk it.

For the record, we're much better fans when we win than Alabama could ever hope to be, so there's that.

yeah, no.....

when you give up 45 plus points twice in a season, your not even in the ballpark

if you want to call yourself the best offense in CFB history then we can have that conversation.

I think 2020 Alabama had by far the toughest road in college football history to win a national championship. In addition to winning the SEC championship game, it won 2 games against highly-ranked opponents in the CFP. 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami (FL) didn't have to win those extra games. But what really made things tough on an unprecedented level was the global pandemic. No other previous cfb national champion in the modern era (AP Poll) had to deal with anything remotely close during the season compared with the challenges posed by Covid-19.

That being said, I would still rank 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami (FL) ahead of 2020 Alabama in terms of GOAT status because both had better defenses IMO.

You must be happy that your Chiefs/Saints/Bucs/Ravens/Packers/Rams/Bills/Browns have a shot at makng it to the Super Bowl. It's been a good year for you as a fan.
Wish I could say the same for you pal
Don’t give up though u might get a bowl invite next year

I was at that washing
Did the current Bama team win those 18 titles? Plus, this Bama team got taken to OT by Florida and won 52-46. 95 Huskers closest game was 14pts, next closest was 23pts. Best ever. :Koolaid2:
I was at that Washington State game they didn’t look too impressive that day for sure

Last edited:

It's not even Saban's best Bama team. It's his best offense, sure. But he had a few teams where the defense was just absurd and would shut down anyone, including this team.
Alabama still has a ton of talent on that defense. They are no longer just giving up 250 yards and 12 points per game but who is anymore? The offenses in the SEC are a world better than back when the Bama defenses were posting those kind of stats.

Alabama still has a ton of talent on that defense. They are no longer just giving up 250 yards and 12 points per game but who is anymore? The offenses in the SEC are a world better than back when the Bama defenses were posting those kind of stats.

True, but they shut down nonconference offenses too. It's all relative of course, but I can't imagine anyone scoring much on those great defenses (I think 2015 was his best?). Just stacked at every level, and could get pressure just from a 3 man line.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back