• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Womens World Cup; Final: USA vs Neatherlands

Morgan is getting screwed on fouls. She gets taken out there by the defender who doesn't play the ball the foul is on Morgan?

Morgan is getting screwed on fouls. She gets taken out there by the defender who doesn't play the ball the foul is on Morgan?

The French ref blows. If she is the best in this competition has God help us. Her calls for the most part are one sided

Last edited:
French ref is downright horrible
Yeah, this is needs to be controlled. It's almost like she's guessing.

RR, what did you think about Morgan getting pushed down from behind in the box about 7 minutes ago? Surprised the announcers didn't think there was more in that.

Yeah, this is needs to be controlled. It's almost like she's guessing.

RR, what did you think about Morgan getting pushed down from behind in the box about 7 minutes ago? Surprised the announcers didn't think there was more in that.

She is in over head and appears to be getting little to no help from her two assistants or is not listening

You almost wonder if she did not get the game because its in France

I thought it was PK and arguably another foul in the box could have been to

Tough enough without having a clueless ref working against you

Props to the Dutch goalie. Kind of an ugly half to my untrained eye. But, also to my untrained eye, we look like the better team by a decent piece. We got this!

First half summary:

I usually will never go with this take, but the ref has kept the Dutch in this game. We have gals getting laid out and nothing? I didn't like Morgan's first 30, but I LOVED her last 15. How many fouls did she draw in that last fifteen minutes? 6? 7? Yet nothing was called. She getting tossed around, pushed, held, tripped. Hell, that gal did a crack-back block on her and yet nothing from the ref.

I do like the Dutch strategy of pulling their forwards in the high MF passing lanes forcing us to go wide and then countering. It's probably how I'd play it, too.

This game is pretty open. We will see what happens around 65'. We will bring in a couple subs, including Carli. This game has her name written all over it. Hopefully O'Hara is OK because I'd love to see Carli, Press and either Pugh or McDonald running against tired Dutch legs.

Props to the Dutch goalie. Kind of an ugly half to my untrained eye. But, also to my untrained eye, we look like the better team by a decent piece. We got this!

Dutch are a physical grind team who rely on a counter or two to win games

We are the best team they have played by far. Of course we have beaten three straight Top 10 teams. Dutch coming off of an overtime win over England and one day less rest.

The Dutch play ugly and win ugly however, have not played a team as good as the US.

Ref has not helped us either

First half summary:

I usually will never go with this take, but the ref has kept the Dutch in this game. We have gals getting laid out and nothing? I didn't like Morgan's first 30, but I LOVED her last 15. How many fouls did she draw in that last fifteen minutes? 6? 7? Yet nothing was called. She getting tossed around, pushed, held, tripped. Hell, that gal did a crack-back block on her and yet nothing from the ref.

I do like the Dutch strategy of pulling their forwards in the high MF passing lanes forcing us to go wide and then countering. It's probably how I'd play it, too.

This game is pretty open. We will see what happens around 65'. We will bring in a couple subs, including Carli. This game has her name written all over it. Hopefully O'Hara is OK because I'd love to see Carli, Press and either Pugh or McDonald running against tired Dutch legs.

I am not one to whine about refs either as you know but it is what is. She has given the Dutch second and third lives

Dutch play an ugly grind game had the ref not aided them they would have had to open up and it could be 2 or 3 to nothing

We need to strike early and pressure the he'll out of them and take the cup home

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back