• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

Fun game to watch tonight. Royals beat the NL East leaders. No easy task. Down to the wire. "Kennedy hung on by his fingernails." Whooo Hoooo!
Royals with five hits, AG three of them!! Danny Duffy with a terrific outing too!

I asked the question earlier in this thread on why Alex Gordon seems to have dirt on his back of his jersey in most games, nobody answered, even when he doesn't get on base. I thought that it might be a superstition. I found out Sunday. The shuttle driver from Adam's Mark Hotel said it was from the pine tar when the bat swings around. Makes sense. :) I know, shuttle driver.

I asked the question earlier in this thread on why Alex Gordon seems to have dirt on his back of his jersey in most games, nobody answered, even when he doesn't get on base. I thought that it might be a superstition. I found out Sunday. The shuttle driver from Adam's Mark Hotel said it was from the pine tar when the bat swings around. Makes sense. :) I know, shuttle driver.
You may be slipping, but we had this exchange in May. I know, I know, NOT the authority of a shuttle driver, but a crazy, wild, DEAD-ON guess! :)

I'm hoping they can win these last two against the Jays, who I dislike a little less without Joey Bats and Josh Donaldson, but not sure that I'm any more enamored of them now being MLB's answer to the "nepotiz"...Bichette, Biggio, and Guerrero. I guess they're really talented, so that probably means "legacies" rather than something like nepotism.

Last edited:
You may be slipping, but we had this exchange in May. I know, I know, NOT the authority of a shuttle driver, but a crazy, wild, DEAD-ON guess! :)

I'm hoping they can win these last two against the Jays, who I dislike a little less without Joey Bats and and Josh Donaldson, but not sure that I'm any more enamored of them now being MLB's answer to the "nepotiz"...Bichette, Biggio, and Guerrero. I guess they're really talented, so that probably means "legacies" rather than something like nepotism.

Ya, I think the Crown I was most likely drinking that evening washed away those brain cells. You were right on.

Sunday Aug. 4, 3-0 final score ...... Twins sweep Royals.

ESPN recap source ......
MINNEAPOLIS -- Devin Smeltzer pitched two-hit ball into the seventh inning for his first major league win. Recalled from Triple-A Rochester a few hours earlier when reliever Sam Dyson (SF trade) was sidelined by right biceps tendinitis, Smeltzer was inserted into the lineup to give All-Star Jake Odorizzi an extra day of rest.

Last edited:
Nice win versus the Metropolitans tonight. Can't say I'm not REALLY glad to beat Syndergaard (still harboring the hate from the high heat in the 2015 WS!). For a while, looked like we were gonna leave all our winning chances on the bases. No earned runs again and though not a shutout, something like their fifth post-AS game without giving up an ER. Still mathematically alive to get my 70.

Thank goodness. Glass got the Royals on a huge, huge discount, and never really seemed interested in actually being an owner until 2014. Maybe things will change with a new owner, or maybe they won't, but if the new owner actually shows a little enthusiasm for the team, it'll be a step in the right direction.

Encouraged by this ownership change underway. Never really been a “fire this guy, fire that guy” kind of fan, but I really do think the Process could use some tweaking in KC. Despite the two WS appearances (and, of course, the 2015 title), we have had, what, three, maybe four winning seasons in forever? And just ONE division title, which was the winning WS year. In a division full of smaller market or decaying city teams, that just shouldn’t be. Time maybe for some better drafts and development, as well as some accountability and demand for on-field excellence from the coaches and players. I get how hard baseball is, getting run production to line up with run prevention, but if the A’s, the Rays and others can compete consistently, so should we expect to also. If there’s anybody left out there as we scoot toward 100 losses again here in 2019, what are your thoughts?

Fun game to watch tonight. Royals win on a walk off homer. Soler breaks the Home Run record for the Royals, number 39

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back