• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

Close call today after giving up a big lead. They didn't quit.

I went to Kansas City for Friday night's game and Saturday's afternoon game. Friday's game was called because of threats of tornados in the area. Didn't start raining until around 10., no tornados. We got to see the double header Saturday. Stayed dry, nice weather. Royals lost both. Drinks are crazy priced, a mixed drink and beer were around $22., got even with them on dollar hot dog night...… Went into guest services to get my buddy a first time at the K certificate and they gave him a nice Husker/ Royals hat.... There were a lot of Yankee fans there.

Great seats. The Hall of Fame Museum behind the outfield was awesome. Lots of World Series stuff was added since I was there in 2015.

Attachments

• kc.jpg
    kc.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 96

The bottom of the order is starting to contribute, at least in the last 1 1/2 games. IMO, won the Sunday game for the Royals.

Couple of things. Cuthbert already made an impact with a solo Homer in his 1st game. Also, the Rangers are already building a new stadium?

I saw this earlier today, but which guys will actually draw interest? Whit and...? Probably Mondesi and maybe Dozier. Salvy isn't going anywhere while in rehab, and you can't trade away Gordon. Talk about a big middle finger to the fan base if you do that. There's no point in talking about the pitching staff. Duffy has turned into a middle (or event bottom) rotation guy with a huge contract. A guy you want in your corner, but not a guy you want to give the ball to in a must-win situation. Kennedy is supposed to get another 16.5-mil next year, so good luck with that (and it would be ridiculous to trade Kennedy, but still be on the hook for his contract).

At this point last season, I wasn't really keen on the idea of clearing out the FO, and starting over, but let's be honest, Dayton Moore's time has come and gone in KC. I'm thankful for what he did, but he needs to move on. Ned's done after this season, so it would make sense to start over from scratch.

Just painful. Not sure how I can fathom 19-43, when not so long ago we were thinking about a positive stretch that might get us to 0.500 (and maybe beyond). The absolute lack of competitiveness pre- and post-WS years has to indict Moore and Yost to a fairly strong degree. An empty stadium and TV eyeballs drifting to HGTV may spur a reckoning. If it wasn't for AG's plate renaissance this year, I might have completely checked out already. Rough, rough, rough!

Last edited:

This Thursday, Detroit vs. Royals @ Omaha. TD or Werner? Plus ESPN coverage.

CWS conflict? No, College World Series will begin at Saturday June 15. I think TD.

I believe Nebraska state will be the first MLB game.

Last edited:

I went to the Royals/White Sox game Saturday. Got a Whit Mitt. The highlight of the day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back