• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

I know 1/4th season but how about our Twins? Most pleasant surprise?

They're 27-15, a nifty .643 winning percentage, the best record in the majors. Creighton, I mean Toronto Blue Jays in a three-game series last weekend, winning by scores of 8-0, 3-0 and 9-1. 9W-6L against the Astros, Yankees, Angels and Indians.

Twinkies bashed an average of two home runs per game, including Eddie Rosario's, the most HR in the American League. It's as if they're fielding an entire lineup of Harmon Killebrews, and pitching like an entire staff of Greg Maddux type. Plus very good on defense and bullpen has been solid. The closer, Blake Parker, sparkling 1.17 ERA.

30 years drought (WS winner)

GO TWINS !
I have a brother in-law that is a Twins fan, never understood him.

Anyone notice that Gordon has a smude of dirt right behind his right shoulder. Noticed it two games in a row now. Last night when he came up to bat without ever being on base or chasing a fly ball in the outfield. Superstition?

Anyone notice that Gordon has a smude of dirt right behind his right shoulder. Noticed it two games in a row now. Last night when he came up to bat without ever being on base or chasing a fly ball in the outfield. Superstition?
Pine tar from practice swings?

Arrrggghhh. Just when we get optimistic about the offensive potential of the Royals, they proceed to score one or less in three of the last four!

Did anyone watch the Texas vs Royals game on Thursday? Royals lost 16-1. Chris Owings (SS) pitched the last 1.2 innings. Royals ran out of pitchers. The announcers were kinda laughing that the radar gun on one of his pitches didn't record as it doesn't pick up anything under 40 mph. Pretty funny. His next pitch registered at 60 mph. Looked like batting practice. Chris now has a 21.60 ERA.

On another note I will be going to the Royals vs Yankees games this coming Friday and Saturday. Haven't been to Kauffman since 2015. Hoping to drink beer, eat peanuts and have a blast.

@HuskerWeatherman , A friend and I planned on going to Kaufman to see the Royals-Yankees Friday and Saturday. Looks like it might be rain outs. Not asking for you to spend a lot of time like the Husker Game forecast. We just hate to travel there, pay for rooms and tickets if there is a high chance that they won't play. I've seen conflicting weather reports , but I trust your opinion. Thanks

@HuskerWeatherman , A friend and I planned on going to Kaufman to see the Royals-Yankees Friday and Saturday. Looks like it might be rain outs. Not asking for you to spend a lot of time like the Husker Game forecast. We just hate to travel there, pay for rooms and tickets if there is a high chance that they won't play. I've seen conflicting weather reports , but I trust your opinion. Thanks
I'd say it's nearly a 100% chance it will rain at some point on Saturday in Kansas City.

HOWEVER, timing is everything.

Apparently it's a 1:15PM first pitch.

I currently think the best chance of rain is in the morning. Too difficult this far in advance to say if that could trickle into the 1PM time frame. But, I don't think it will rain all day. Best chance is the morning. Second best chance is at night. Wouldn't take much of a change to shift it into the afternoon period -- but asking me today, I'd say to give it a shot. The odds are at least a bit in your favor. Remind me, and I could give you an update. But I don't think it's a high chance of a rainout.

I'd say it's nearly a 100% chance it will rain at some point on Saturday in Kansas City.

HOWEVER, timing is everything.

Apparently it's a 1:15PM first pitch.

I currently think the best chance of rain is in the morning. Too difficult this far in advance to say if that could trickle into the 1PM time frame. But, I don't think it will rain all day. Best chance is the morning. Second best chance is at night. Wouldn't take much of a change to shift it into the afternoon period -- but asking me today, I'd say to give it a shot. The odds are at least a bit in your favor. Remind me, and I could give you an update. But I don't think it's a high chance of a rainout.
Thank You

We are heading to KC for the Royals-Yankees games Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. Rain in the forecast. Friday evening doesn't look good.

We are heading to KC for the Royals-Yankees games Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
Hopefully warm at least? They'll get games in...and probably sell you a couple of KC Glad Bag ponchos!! Good trip, have fun.

Hopefully warm at least? They'll get games in...and probably sell you a couple of KC Glad Bag ponchos!! Good trip, have fun.
Mid to high 70's in the forecast. Just purchased a poncho today. I didn't think of getting a Royals one there. My buddy that's meeting me there mentioned that if the game or games get rained out at least we will drink and eat well. I'll try to take a couple of pictures.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back