• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

There's not much more Gordon needs to prove. He's accomplished just about everything a player could hope to accomplish at this point in his career and is a shoe-in for being selected into the Royals Hall of Fame. The only thing left to debate is if he gets his numbered retired in KC.

There's not much more Gordon needs to prove. He's accomplished just about everything a player could hope to accomplish at this point in his career and is a shoe-in for being selected into the Royals Hall of Fame. The only thing left to debate is if he gets his numbered retired in KC.
Gordo might be willing to take a pay cut and end his career with the Royals. I hope that he does. He is pretty happy there and has family close. I hate seeing players moving around the league.

My guess is not on the retired jersey. I would like to see it. They only have four so far. George Brett #5, Frank White #20, Dick Howser #10 and Jackie Robinson #42 who didn't play for them. Only three Royals players. They seem to be pretty stingy on handing them out.

Didn't get to see it but the Royals crushed the Rays today 10-2.

Mondesi went 3/5 with a HR and 4 RBI.

Didn't get to see it but the Royals crushed the Rays today 10-2.

Mondesi went 3/5 with a HR and 4 RBI.

I had it recorded, Just watched it. Mondesi was good. They bunted twice before Mondiesi came up and got on base. Gore is fast. Mondesi tried to bunt and the pitcher kept throwing outside, then he got a hit when the pitcher was down on the count and had to pitch to him. Top of the order next, and the Ray's were toast. :thumbsup:

Kelvin Gutierrez, third base. I like this guy so far. Made some pretty good defensive plays and is 1 for 2.

Middle of the 7th, Royals lead 9-4. Why do I not feel comfortable like when we had Herrera, Holland and Hochevar? I know the answer, just being an A**

1118_FIREBall1.jpg

First, I was way off on Dozier. Dude's playing like an All-Star right now. Second, how are the Angels so bad? Congrats Trout, you signed a huge deal, and will play for a crap team.

Nice win, but totally agree on the pitching and the trepidation! Get a 6-run lead and in the Angels’ FOLLOWING AB, Mike Trout is up with the not-imponderable prospect of knotting the game with a grand slam (he walked on four pitches). Just not good enough arms - and maybe heads - on the mound for an MLB team.

But...how about the production from the top of that batting order? That is major league so far with Whit, A-berto, AG, and Bulldozier. If they keep it up and Soler and O’Hearn can get going and we can squeeze maybe 30 to 50 points onto Maldonado’s BA (asking a LOT), it could be a pretty solid lineup. And for a change, in deep contrast to last year, fun to watch.

We are a little beyond a 1/6th of the way through the season and Alex Gordon is hitting .310, with 5 HR and 21 RBI. Shocking but fun to watch.
And I think 10 2Bs so far, so 15 XBH altogether. Plate posture really helping; also heard that his out of the zone discipline has been especially sharp (not swinging at balls), with a huge reduction in K rate. Hoping he can keep the relaxed approach and the guys in front of him continue to get on base.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back