• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

Total bummer. I think now nine blown saves in the 15 losses. If we can get that part figured out, i do like this team's offensive approach. Scored six runs today despite, what, 20 Ks??

Can't say enough about AG's offensive metamorphosis. Only 10 Ks himself this year. The more upright posture has prevented him from getting pounded and crushed inside. Really hope he can keep it up.

Gordon goes yard in his first AB tonight. He is on fire.

Amazing what a contract year will do for a guy. ;)

Last edited:
Gordon goes yard in his first AB tonight. He is on fire.

Amazing what a contract year will do for a guy. ;)
Alex is really playing well. Doesn't he have another year after this year on his contract ending after 2020?

Nope, it was 4 years starting in 2016.

I had to look it up, I guess there is a mutual option for 2020. I don't think the Royals will keep Alex.

"On January 6, 2016, Gordon signed a four-year deal worth $72 million to remain with the Royals with a mutual option for the 2020 season.[30] On May 22, 2016, Gordon collided with Royals' third-baseman Mike Moustakas while chasing a Melky Cabrera pop-up into foul territory down the left field line against the Chicago White Sox.[31] Gordon suffered a scaphoid fracture in his right wrist and was placed on the disabled-list where he missed 29 games.[32] He finished 2016 hitting .220/.312/.380 with a career high 148 strikeouts in 445 at-bats "

On the interesting side,
When I Yahooed his name, celebrity net worth showed his net worth at 24 million. He must have been spending pretty freely or they are wrong, I'm guessing that later.

Last edited:

To piggyback a little on Gordon's contract, he has a $4-million buyout after the season. Unless Gordon puts up Mike Trout numbers, Royals aren't paying him $23-million next season. The way he's been playing to start the season, it's almost like Gordon is trying to get one more multi-year contract offer before his career winds down. It'll suck seeing him in another jersey.

To piggyback a little on Gordon's contract, he has a $4-million buyout after the season. Unless Gordon puts up Mike Trout numbers, Royals aren't paying him $23-million next season. The way he's been playing to start the season, it's almost like Gordon is trying to get one more multi-year contract offer before his career winds down. It'll suck seeing him in another jersey.
He's hinted at retirement before, but this renaissance - should he sustain it - could have him rethinking that. Give him credit for implicitly acknowledging the weight of the post-WS offensive struggles and just the pure grind of it all. I'm not a believer in an extra level of "trying" in a contract year (nor do I think you're really saying that about him), just committed professional guys trying to compete, contribute and not hear about what a disastrous contract the LAST one was.

But it would be terrible to see him in ANYTHING but Husker Red or Royal Blue!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back