• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

Merrifield 0-3 so far tonight. Just was at the plate in the 5th. I hope he gets at least two more tries to break the record.

Crazy way to break the record. Merrifield just got a base hit. On a bunt. Woo Hoo. Broke the Royals record. Jolting Joe is next.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone caught the Harold Reynolds comments about not being a fan of the Whit streak counting over two seasons. Not sure that's one I'd ring in on if I were a "respected" member of the punditry. Also blathered on about heavier bats in August or something, blah blah blah. So, he will apparently discount early season streaks for being less of an achievement than dog days streaks, as if pitchers don't benefit from the colder weather of March and April.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article229003524.html

Congrats to Whit, from a 2017 season start in Omaha, to the 2018 MLB hits and SB leader, to now being the holder of the Royals' longest all-time hitting streak. Hard NOT to be a fan of that! George Brett is.

Don't know if anyone caught the Harold Reynolds comments about not being a fan of the Whit streak counting over two seasons. Not sure that's one I'd ring in on if I were a "respected" member of the punditry. Also blathered on about heavier bats in August or something, blah blah blah. So, he will apparently discount early season streaks for being less of an achievement than dog days streaks, as if pitchers don't benefit from the colder weather of March and April.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article229003524.html

Congrats to Whit, from a 2017 season start in Omaha, to the 2018 MLB hits and SB leader, to now being the holder of the Royals' longest all-time hitting streak. Hard NOT to be a fan of that! George Brett is.
Nobody is a bigger fan of Harold Reynolds than Harold Reynolds.

I am amazed anyone can hit in 10 straight games let alone 31 these days. 54 seems impossible.

I don't get why anyone would gripe about it. It's not like Whit is actually going to break DiMaggio's record. He probably won't clear Molitor's 39-game streak, let alone Rose's 44-game streak. Seems like a rather petty thing to be worked up about.

Once again, Jorge Lopez looks fantastic to start the game. He just gave up his first hit with two outs in the 9th, and it was on a pitchers pitch low out of the zone.

Two HRs (Dozier, Soler) have the Royals up 3-0 in the 4th.

Once again, Jorge Lopez looks fantastic to start the game. He just gave up his first hit with two outs in the 9th, and it was on a pitchers pitch low out of the zone.

Two HRs (Dozier, Soler) have the Royals up 3-0 in the 4th.

I was talking crap on Dozier the other day, and he goes out and homers in two-straight games. Hopefully he's coming around.

Dee Gordon breaks up the shutout with a solo HR. 15th straight game with a HR to open the season for the Mariners. New MLB record.

KC piecing together hits from Gordon, Soler and Dozier to retake a 3-rn lead.

6-3 Royals in the bottom of the 7th.

It would be nice to keep getting hits and give Whit more than one more chance to extend his streak.

Seattle gets a run in the 8th and KC lucky it wasn't more.

6-4 Royals.

We need more runs to feel comfortable in this game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back