• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

Brad Keller, our '#1 starter', take the mound today against the Tigers.

We are going to win and win big. :p

Whit Merrifield hits a double to open the game and now has a 28 game hitting streak. Second best in Royals history held by George Brett(30).

Tigers add a run in the 6th. 3-1 Detroit.

KC hitters once again making an average pitcher look like a cy young candidate.

Another loss looks likely this evening with Homer Bailey pitching for the Royals. I hope Whitt extends his hitting streak.

Another loss looks likely this evening with Homer Bailey pitching for the Royals. I hope Whitt extends his hitting streak.
I thought Bailey looked servicable in his first start, all things considered. I mean he will never be the Homer Bailey before the injuries again, but possibly a decent end of the rotation guy.

And yes, its looking like Whit Merrifield is the main attraction these days for Royals fans.

That's what I read about Bailey in his first start, I just don't have a lot of hope for him. I hope I'm wrong. The defense seems to be sloppy so far. How has Maldonado performed so far? I haven't been able to watch any games yet, so it's hard to get a feel with all of the new players. Just looking at the box score. I will be back in Nebraska in May and able to watch the games.

Two hit Whit extends his streak. two hits at three at bats. Royals up 4-2 top of the 4th. Gordon is two for two.

Last edited:
That's what I read about Bailey in his first start, I just don't have a lot of hope for him. I hope I'm wrong. The defense seems to be sloppy so far. How has Maldonado performed so far? I haven't been able to watch any games yet, so it's hard to get a feel with all of the new players. Just looking at the box score. I will be back in Nebraska in May and able to watch the games.
Much like tonight, Bailey seems to fade as the game goes along.

Defense was great until the Detroit series. They had their first error and then another and then another.

Maldonado is just as advertised. Great catcher, weak hitter.

Royals getting worked now 9-4 and Seattle still batting. Ugh.

Homer is a bad name. Gave up three so far. Is that his real name or nickname. I understand if it's his nickname.:eek: I will root for him, I'm sure that he is giving it his all.

Last edited:
On another note, Whit extends his hitting streak. If I'm right, only one hit in the next game away from tying Brett's franchise record.

Much like tonight, Bailey seems to fade as the game goes along.

Defense was great until the Detroit series. They had their first error and then another and then another.

Maldonado is just as advertised. Great catcher, weak hitter.

Royals getting worked now 9-4 and Seattle still batting. Ugh.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for confirming.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back