• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

ColoREDo

REDo posts matter!!!
10 Year Member
Kansas City signed Billy Hamilton to a one-year contract today because they obviously thought they needed yet another defensive minded, light-hitting outfielder with speed. :Banghead:

So now we have 6-7 outfielders for three positions and none of them you would want at the plate with two outs in the 9th with the winning run on second.

Got him for relatively cheap, and he'll be dealt for prospects at the trade deadline (hopefully).
Seriously, who would want him? He is Alcedes Escobar playing center field. I admit, he is a high plus defensive CF and he can steal bases but his bat is weak.

I'm not looking forward to this round of 'Royals Rebuild'.

My gut tells me I may not live to see another peak.

In all seriousness, I'm just going to enjoy this season for what it is. It took years, and years, and years to put 2014-15 together, and considering very few (if any) small market teams have tasted that type of success since the '94 strike, I'm going to just sit back and hope for the best. This is Ned's last season, so the team won't give up and go through the motions. They'll play with purpose all season. Might not result in much more than 65 wins, but I'm good. My only issue, is that ticket prices should reflect the quality on the field. Shouldn't charge a premium price for this type of product.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to wait long for another peak! Terrance Gore is back, and since he only plays in the postseason, that must mean KC is destined for a playoff run this season! ;)

https://www.foxsports.com/kansas-ci...bgBq-XGOZrJBPTFwKurInmaa2d9bAl7kUSUHTqDQ_dlnY

I'm not holding my breath.

The way this team looks right now, I'm guessing a five to six year rebuild through low level free agent signings and farm system 'hits'. Short of that, we're looking at a decade plus.

I'm not holding my breath.

The way this team looks right now, I'm guessing a five to six year rebuild through low level free agent signings and farm system 'hits'. Short of that, we're looking at a decade plus.

Unfortunatey I think a decade is a real possibility with how depleted the farm system is. I'm glad that I got to live in KC during 2014 and 2015 because there won't be playoff baseball in KC for quite a while. On the plus side tickets will go back to being much more affordable....

Royals put up 6 in the 1st inning today. You can't even hope to stop these bats. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back