• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Recruiting Class National Signing Day Thread #1 (12/19/18)

Frost said a dominant defense to him is unit that can hold the team to less than 21 points, get some turnovers. "And to do that you need a lot of difference makers ... I think we took a lot of steps towards getting there."

Sounds like if Frost were to pick a sleeper in this class it might be Myles Farmer. Said you can just see the intensity in his eyes. Will start at safety but has the frame to move into the box too.

Frost said Zach Duval "tried to gently lead them into the offseason program" last year and the guys weren't ready for it. "I think this time they'll be ready for it." Added Frost: "I was excited for next year right after the Iowa game."

Frost points out offensively this team isn't going to lose one guy off the team between the 2019 and 2020 seasons, so he's excited about what they can build with that group being together a bit.

Being from Lincoln obviously helps Ruud with in-state recruiting, as does his standing as Nebraska's all-time leading tackler.

"I knew Barrett was big in Nebraska, but I remember being at a (Nebraska) basketball game last winter and they introduced all the assistant coaches and everyone else got a nice round of applause, and the whole Pinnacle Bank Arena erupted with the Ruud chant when he came out," Husker head coach Scott Frost said.

"He's the right guy to have in Nebraska. I thought it was a good year in Nebraska talentwise. If we can sign five scholarship-quality players from the state every year, that'll be a good start for us. Those five guys are going to be huge for us. I think they'll help be the backbone of the program we're building."
The article also talks about Dawson and his recruing of Ty Robinson.

Scott Frost: "'I've got to give some credit to Troy Walters and Ryan Held on Wandale (Robinson)." Frost said when Robinson first committed to Kentucky, he was ready to move on, but Walters and Held stayed in the fight and helped get the #Huskers back in the race.

Frost says Nebraska coaches are as "honest as they can be" in recruiting. NU gave word to Ronald Thompkins, who injured his knee in the first game this season and missed the rest of the year. Huskers never wavered in commitment to the injured player, Frost said.

On Sports Nightly...

Frost says on his radio show Michael Lynn will project to guard.

Also:

>W. Robinson a little more versatile than Spielman.

>Piper underrated.

>Hickman could be a “stretch the field” TE.

>Anderson and Fritzsche have “Sunday potential.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back