• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2019 QB Offer - Max Duggan (4-star from Council Bluffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually not that sensitive about UNL's academic reputation. I'm just pointing out that rankings for which reputation plays a major role are bogus because they're based on circular reasoning. Harvard is ranked #1 in a given year, so everyone knows that Harvard is #1. The next year when people are polled about the reputations of schools, they rank Harvard #1 because Harvard has the reputation of being #1. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. To really tell you need real research and teaching metrics.

Also, while TCU isn't an R1, it is an R2, meaning they're trying to play with the big boys on the research front.

TCU is based on a liberal arts curriculum (also offer engineering and business, like other liberal arts schools of the same vein). Their focus and mission is to educate their students and follow their religious heritage. Research, while important, is not the primary focus of TCU and most liberal arts based schools. Funding comes from tuition, endowment, and donations.

This is a football board, and Mr. Duggan choose where he wanted to attend school, and also play football, and both of those were very important to him.

IMHO, the only shot Huskers ever had was for Frost to develop a solid relationship with Duggan 6 months ago (which of course was impossible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back