• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Official Visits / 2018 Spring Game Visitors (Post #5)

General question about all these running backs: could any of them possibly project to another position? I get wanting to add as much speed as possible, and there's room in the class, but Bivens would make 5.

General question about all these running backs: could any of them possibly project to another position? I get wanting to add as much speed as possible, and there's room in the class, but Bivens would make 5.

It does seem like a lot of backs but it's amazing to me the difference between Held and Reggie Davis. Held could well land five really, really good running backs in one class. Reggie Davis scrambled to hope someone, anyone would somehow fall in to his lap.

It does seem like a lot of backs but it's amazing to me the difference between Held and Reggie Davis. Held could well land five really, really good running backs in one class. Reggie Davis scrambled to hope someone, anyone would somehow fall in to his lap.

It helps to be a bit more electric/creative on offense than three yards and a cloud of dust, also.

But yes, Held is a beast.

Technically four (Robinson will be used more at receiver), with Mills only having two years. Held is still building his room. Outside of Washington and maybe Miles Jones, who does Nebraska have that gets anyone excited? Jaylin Bradley is in the midst of getting recruited over...Mazour is a senior, if you count him as a significant contributor...the room will basically be whoever they sign this year.

Technically four (Robinson will be used more at receiver), with Mills only having two years. Held is still building his room. Outside of Washington and maybe Miles Jones, who does Nebraska have that gets anyone excited? Jaylin Bradley is in the midst of getting recruited over...Mazour is a senior, if you count him as a significant contributor...the room will basically be whoever they sign this year.

Robinson will be a hybrid but still get carries, correct? I'm just wondering if things get crowded, is anyone versatile to move elsewhere?

Robinson will be a hybrid but still get carries, correct? I'm just wondering if things get crowded, is anyone versatile to move elsewhere?

Yes an all-purpose back who will get some carries much like Spielman who was also a RB in high school

Keep in mind Tompkins and Bivens if we take him will more than likely RS to give their repaired knees that extra time to heal. As was pointed out too Mills will be gone in two years. So that will build in some separation

Could someone like Tompkins move down the line.....sure

EDIT: Bivens. Knee injury was about as serious as it gets if he can showed its healed or on the right path etc he would be a huge steal. Before he was hurt schools were all over him but most backed off after it happened. Missed the last three games of his Jr year and all his senior season that is how serious it was

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back