• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Gold Cup; Final: USA v Mexico

What has happened to Tyler Boyd, he played so well and now we keep seeing Morris and Roldan? Also, Bradley's passing has been horrible his last 4 passes right to Mexican players

Mexico toying with the the US, midfield and defense have been horrible not adjusting to what Mexico is doing

Mexico had totally dominated the last 15 or so minutes and the bow finally broke as DeSantos put them up 1-0 in minute 73

What has happened to Tyler Boyd, he played so well and now we keep seeing Morris and Roldan? Also, Bradley's passing has been horrible his last 4 passes right to Mexican players

I was never sold on Boyd making a one time switch from NZ. Nothing very distinguished an out his career

The whole U.S. team had been dominated its not just a Bradley issue

Mexico toying with the the US, midfield and defense have been horrible not adjusting to what Mexico is doing

Mexico has taken over the game and the young team is struggling to adjust. Lucky its their B team

El Tri fans are owning the stadium to boot

I was never sold on Boyd making a one time switch from NZ. Nothing very distinguished an out his career

The whole U.S. team had been dominated its not just a Bradley issue

I agree, on Bradley and the team, but Boyd has been way better than either Morris or Roldan...but Roldan is working his butt off

I agree, on Bradley and the team, but Boyd has been way better than either Morris or Roldan...but Roldan is working his butt off

Why Morris started is beyond me. He reminds me so much of Wondo. Too slow for the international game in all aspects

Good effort, but Mexico was the better team overall. The Gold Cup was a decent confidence booster for the US team, but still a long ways to go. On the plus side, it looks like CONCACAF is down overall. Besides Mexico, there's not another country that looks scary going into WCQ.

I think most of us picked Mexico to win, so it's not a surprise result. But, I am happy with the progress in a short period of time that the team has made. Two years ago, this team was a travesty losing to lowly Trinidad and Tobago, players playing out of position, no player development and the list goes on. This team saw some youngsters step up in McKinney and Pulisic, Stephen settled down and Long looks to be a solid center back. Arriola played with passion and showed some promise.

This team gives me hope we'll be able to qualify for WC 2022, it'll be interesting to see where we're at in a year or will the damages done by the last staff carry over to next year and beyond

Mexico wins 1-0. Hard to argue the result as they dominated the majority of the second half and the USA did not capitalize on their early chances

Nuculeous of a good young team but a lot of work to do still

Jury still out on Berhalter but a decent start to his competitive coaching career at the international level.

I get so tired of the Altidore “great holdup” and being “a handful” commentary. I want a damn striker that can score. He doesn’t cut it. Boyd probably isn’t the answer, but he sure as heck had a better tourney than Altidore did.

And what was that last sub? You need a goal, so you bring in another defender to “play more offensive minded”.....

Good effort, but Mexico was the better team overall. The Gold Cup was a decent confidence booster for the US team, but still a long ways to go. On the plus side, it looks like CONCACAF is down overall. Besides Mexico, there's not another country that looks scary going into WCQ.

Agree overall and based on this competition the weakest I think I have ever seen CONCACAF.

Now with that being said having to go on the road to places like Panama and Costa Rica is never a cakewalk. Not to mention how poorly we faired last time in 2016-17

I get so tired of the Altidore “great holdup” and being “a handful” commentary. I want a damn striker that can score. He doesn’t cut it. Boyd probably isn’t the answer, but he sure as heck had a better tourney than Altidore did.

And what was that last sub? You need a goal, so you bring in another defender to “play more offensive minded”.....

We have no better striker right now unless we dip into the U-20 ranks and blood a kid early

As for Altidore he takes a lot of crap from US fans some deserved a lot not deserved. He has scored 40+ international goals etc etc. Coaches have not always put him in a situation at the international level to succeed

Youth movement should have been started 4 years ago however it wasn't. Its going to be painful at times having to blood youngsters going into WC qualifying. It is what it is

I think most of us picked Mexico to win, so it's not a surprise result. But, I am happy with the progress in a short period of time that the team has made. Two years ago, this team was a travesty losing to lowly Trinidad and Tobago, players playing out of position, no player development and the list goes on. This team saw some youngsters step up in McKinney and Pulisic, Stephen settled down and Long looks to be a solid center back. Arriola played with passion and showed some promise.

This team gives me hope we'll be able to qualify for WC 2022, it'll be interesting to see where we're at in a year or will the damages done by the last staff carry over to next year and beyond

I really liked the back 4 this tourney. Seemed like we finally have a decent pool of young talent on D and we’re still missing a couple guys.

Still need to find that calming presence in the midfield though. So many bad passes there, so many times the ball bypasses the midfield.

Overall I agree. I just wish we had started it after the last WC like we should of. Klinsman left a mess and I am causuitoulsy optimistic that Berhalter can navigate the waters in WC qualifying and get us there. Still a lot of growth needed but a good young nucleus to work with. Progress made even in defeat

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back